Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Where does everyone get their Robart gear?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Where does everyone get their Robart gear?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2005, 05:04 PM
ptgarcia
My Feedback: (36)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where does everyone get their Robart gear?

The subject says it all. Tower never has the part I need, and ordering direct from Robart costs more. Does anyone have shop they usually order from? I need a couple sets of Robo-Struts for a couple planes. Thanks!

Oh yeah, I need wheels also, like 3" and 3-1/2" with diamond tread. Thanks!
Old 01-03-2005, 05:23 PM
gary9648
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Where does everyone get their Robart gear?

I buy mine direct from Robart. Every time I have some one order it it is always back ordered. I call them direct and they have it in stock. go figure. I don't think Robart wants to discount their products to dealers.
Old 01-03-2005, 06:46 PM
taildragger01
My Feedback: (10)

same here, I order directly from Robart..... Why pay hobbyshop markup prices. and if you trust used gear then support RC Universe martket place, I have bought a lot of gear here on the market place and have pretty good luck so far. and if you realy feel lucky try Ebay.
Old 01-03-2005, 06:54 PM
ptgarcia
My Feedback: (36)

same here, I order directly from Robart..... Why pay hobbyshop markup prices.
Thats my dilema. I have bought direct from Robart before only to find later at my local hobby shop the same parts for roughly 15% cheaper! And my LHS is usually relatively expensive when compared to some online stores. If I can save $25 now and again I will. It adds up pretty quick.

I don't trust ebay, but I have bought a bunch of stuff here on RCU, and will continue to do so.
Old 01-03-2005, 07:08 PM
taildragger01

I find that if I can get it cheeper at the local Hobby shop it is usaly old or overstock that some one ordered and didn,t come back for it. I bought my TP P40 WarHawk at the hobby shop for 189.00 last year and then found It for 149.00 at Towers. I will only go there for clue and fuel now. I am now building a Ziroli SBD5 Dauntless (100" ws) and gor my Robart gear here on the RCU for100.00 cheaper But I ordered all the support gear direct. keep an eye out and you will find what you need here.
Old 01-03-2005, 08:33 PM
cknaack

I just took delivery of a set of retracts from my local hobby shop. I paid below Robarts MAP (minimum advertised price) from the hobby shop. I myself would rather support the hobby shop than have to deal direct, as I am not aware of any web site that has the ability to let me "open the box" before I open my wallet. [8D]

BTW, when I called Robart to clarify which version I should order, I was told that the retracts I wanted were out of stock, and would not be available until the middle of January, '05. I placed the call to Robart on 12/23/04. I ordered the retracts from the hobby shop the same day. The retracts were in on 12/28/04. Go figure.
Old 01-03-2005, 09:10 PM
taildragger01

I used to be a supporter of my local hobby shop untill they started hireing these young rc truck fanatics that woul look at you like your were crazy when you ask about anything to do with aircraft and then they would hide behind the counter untill you got frustrated and left. I once tride to place an order for some three Oz glass for my P40 and the guy had no clue as to what I was asking for. if I can find a shop that has a builder/flyer behined the counter I woulden,t mind shopping thear.
Old 01-03-2005, 09:36 PM
branded
My Feedback: (9)

Ummm, Robart?
Old 01-03-2005, 10:18 PM
cknaack

I know what you are talking about. [>:]

Fortunately for me, the owner of the hobby shop that I patronize is customer oriented, and keeps the truck guys behind the truck counter, and the aircraft guys behind the aircraft counter.

It's just plain (or in my case plane) good business.
Old 01-03-2005, 10:54 PM
taildragger01

I cant blame Larry for hirering the truck guys they seem to sale a lot more of them on this side of town and Larrys at that stage where he likes to spend more time on the work bench than in the front on the counter. he has offerd me a position there but I cant support a family of five on that kind of sallary.. mabe in a couple of years when I retire LOL..... besides I would go bankrupt working in a hobby shop. to much temtation. and now with the market being flooded with all these ARF,s it doesn,t pay to stock up on kit accs. or to cator to the scratch builder.
Old 01-04-2005, 01:03 PM
1wolf
My Feedback: (3)

I get everything I need from here http://www.edandlinda.com/jsrc/index.htm If they don't have it they'll find it. It's just a small hobby shop run by Ed and Linda Jones but they really apreciate my business and that means the most to me. They get all my Ziroli parts and even order custom gear for me when I need it. Robart stuff when I seldom do order it only takes a few days to get.
Old 01-05-2005, 06:00 AM
Peter_OZ
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Normally I buy from tower as the hobby shops in this country are way too expensive. I save between 1/3 and 1/2 over local prices.
I try and wait till I have a trip to the US for work then order and ship to our office in NY. Order on a Tues, get in Wed and normally get the shipping for free on one of their promos.
Great service.

Speciality items from Robart that Tower don't have I'll order direct. Tower are cheaper then Robart direct on most goods.

cheers
Peter
Old 01-12-2005, 07:00 PM
billd3
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I usually get mine from Nick Ziroli, Jr. He has always treated me fair and usually has what I need.