Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

royal corsair

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2005, 12:29 PM
fstevenj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default royal corsair

Heard that royal/marutaka is out of business. Really want to eventually build .60 size corsair, and have read (Luke) that this kit is very good. Does anyone know where I could still get my hands on one of these kits. Don't plan on building it for a while, but want to get the kit now because it will probably only get harder to find. Looked on E-bay and found nothing.
Old 01-06-2005, 08:07 PM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: royal corsair

Just keep your eyes open here on RCU and other sites, as they do come up from time to time. Good Luck, Dave
Old 01-06-2005, 08:17 PM
saramos

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would agree with Dave. Keep checking back.
On ebay, create searches for royal, marutaka, and corsair on ebay. You will have to filter out some stuff, like engines and guillows, but once the searches are created, they make for quick checking.
Don't forget to ask at any hobby shops you go to. I have found a couple of stores that had old Royal kits in their back storage rooms when I asked.

Scott
Old 01-06-2005, 09:07 PM
valentrd

Ebay had 2 Royal Corsair for sale this week- I see them all the time, more some weeks than others, but they are on there for sure.

Both built and as a kit.

Good Luck
Old 01-06-2005, 09:41 PM
bosssman
My Feedback: (35)

Make sure you are up to what you are in for on the Royal/Marutaka kits. They are 'TRUE' builder kits in that there is a LOT of construction going on with lots of carving of supplied balsa blocks. Also, the instructions are printed directly on the plans and unless you have a lot of building experience, may leave you in the dark in how to properly construct it. Unless you are after perfect scale outlines, the Top Flite Gold Edition Corsair is an excellent kit with plenty of instructions and photos on how to put it together. I have several of the Royal/Marutaka kits from the days when I was stationed in Japan. I have the Spitfire I have been working on for some time and expect it to take awhile with all the carving that is involved. There are also other kits in a bit larger scale, such as the Ziroli Corsair, that have an excellent reputation for building AND flying....

randy