Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Scale plans.

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2005, 12:10 PM
thunderboltbesa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scale plans.

hello

First of all because i'm new to this forum i wish happy new year and many happy landings to all.
My brother and i we would like to build large scale warbirds from plans.But i don't know which plans are better.
I mean from which designer.Is this Brian Taylor,Nick ziroli or plans from Meister or if you know some others not known to me.
We didn'd decide yet which warbirds we will build but we have some ideas like F4U Corsair,p-40,me-109 .Those are finalists.
Criteria for plans is how much are they scale(crossections of fuselage,scale thickness of wing foil,other details like operating flaps etc...).
Can somebody help me with this?
Thanks for answers and ideas.

Miso
Old 01-09-2005, 09:38 AM
Edwin
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Scale plans.

If you go to warbirds.com and look in the fighter gallery you'll get a real good sense for whats popular. They are usually popular for a reason. Just about all those sources you listed show up there except Brian Taylor. I have built the BT corsair at 75", it built heavy at 20.5 lbs but flew great. Much better than I expected. Had some trouble on landing that was my fault, easily fixed. A guy at RCSB is building the 82" at a little less than what mine weighed, should fly good also when its time. I prefer the BT for corsair cause it seems to have a very acurate profile. I bought it at a swapmeet where a ziroli corsiar and the BT sat side by side and just fell in love with the BT. One reason the BT builds so heavy is because the forward fuze section is pretty short. Most builders lengthen the fuze and inch or so to reduce the amount of needed nose weight. That being said, the ziroli, meister and other plans fly well from what I've observed. Just my opinion.
Edwin
Old 01-09-2005, 04:13 PM
thunderboltbesa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Scale plans.

hello edwin

Thank you very much for your answer you help me alot with problems around F4u.Thanks again.

Miso