Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Flight Box

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2005, 01:26 PM
philuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flight Box

Hey folks,

Alright I have been looking for pictures of the ground gear that you folks card around for your days at the field with your warbirds. Some one said that I should set up a "Flight box" and to be honest I haven't really found any thing else on this forum that I could place a post like this in, so I posted it here as, I have been reading the content here more than any other section of the site.

If possible could you all post what you carry in your flight box, pictures, ideas etc for a newbie starting out in the construction of his flight box.

- Phil
Old 01-10-2005, 02:56 PM
Rocketman612
My Feedback: (85)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Flight Box

ORIGINAL: philuk

Hey folks,

Alright I have been looking for pictures of the ground gear that you folks card around for your days at the field with your warbirds. Some one said that I should set up a "Flight box" and to be honest I haven't really found any thing else on this forum that I could place a post like this in, so I posted it here as, I have been reading the content here more than any other section of the site.

If possible could you all post what you carry in your flight box, pictures, ideas etc for a newbie starting out in the construction of his flight box.

- Phil
Gas or glow?
Do you want to carry alittle or alot?
Do you want to spend alittle or alot?

Then which of the following do you want to be:
1)The guy who has nothing and goes around asking to "Borrow" stuff all day
2)The guy who has "everything" in the hobby shop in his truck or trailer
3)The guy with enough to make simple field repairs and not break the bank or back

If your #3 then a GP Master Caddy or similar size flight box is enough. Clear tape to patch, spare plugs,some fuel tubing and props, basic tools, thin CA and 5 min epoxy along with a field charger will go along way to keep you flying. This is by no way complete list but you get the picture.

Pete