Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Global P47 - smaller version

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Global P47 - smaller version

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2005, 09:32 PM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Global P47 - smaller version

Global P47 smaller version , hope pics appear , have a magnum 91 4-cycle in the nose
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj23656.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	213882   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn42226.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	213883   Click image for larger version

Name:	Va71976.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	213884   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sm29326.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	213885  
Old 01-11-2005, 11:44 PM
Kmot
My Feedback: (24)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Global P47 - smaller version

That's nice! [sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 01-12-2005, 11:42 AM
LDM

Thanks , got a littel carried away with the dirt -lol ,
Having troulble balaning , went to a magnum 91 4c because this plane was know to be tail heavey , now its nose heavey so I think I will go to a bigger battery first then if that dose not work look to add tail weight .
Nose art was a down load, retracts are Robart 605 , not bad , century is my first choice but they are two big for this plane .

Any suggestion on balancing tricks would be appreciated
Old 01-12-2005, 12:28 PM
forestroke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've always heard that you need 2 parts of outlet for every part inlet in order to keep the engine running cool... doesn't seem like you've done that. How does she run?
Old 01-12-2005, 12:30 PM
ptgarcia
My Feedback: (36)

LDM,

That's sweet. Did you make the belly pan removeable to get to the air tank if needed? I'm putting pneumatics on my Model Tech P-47 and would like to put them in the belly pan, but I want to make sure I can get to it if need be.
Old 01-12-2005, 02:26 PM
LDM

4 stroke, its runs fine as far as the break in.In flight will always tell a differant story . I have the head exposed, one hole for muffler and one on the botton for air and glow plug access. This is 100% per manufacturers instructions .
If i use a fake radial it will reduce intake signifigantly and I will probaly be 1 air in and 1 out because i cant really count the head exposure as outtake because its cut really tight .

The belly pan on this version(57") was very poor , just a piece of fiberglass on two balsa ends for support . So i beefed it up with stringers and ribs and put two 1/2 inch beam on the wing for easy attachement and detachment . However I drilled two holes in the belley pan to access the wing removal screws so I dont have to take off the pan unless the retracts need maintenance .

I hope I explaned it ok .
Old 01-12-2005, 03:17 PM
ptgarcia

Yup, thanks!
Old 01-13-2005, 04:52 AM
LDM

Hey Pauly I vistit Cal on regular basis on business , any good shops outside of the Hobby People chain , when in Northern Cal I have found Sheldons , great hobby shop
Old 01-13-2005, 11:37 AM
ptgarcia

Yeah, theres a good one close to me in Montclair - Pegasus Hobbies. They are right of the 10 fwy (Central Ave exit) about midway between the 57 fwy and the 15 fwy. Lets see, I guess about 30 miles east of downtown Los Angeles. They have everything from die cast and figurines to RC cars, boats, helicopter and planes. Check them out the next time your down.

Here's their number: (909) 982-6507
Old 01-13-2005, 02:25 PM
LDM

Thanks Pauly !!!
Old 01-13-2008, 12:55 AM
m_skaggs

LDM,

I know this is a really old thread, but I have had this ARF sitting completed (but never flown) for a while. My flying skills are finally ready for this type of plane. My building skills have also improved since I first put it together (prob 5 years ago) and I realize I did a bad job. I want to rebuild this plane but I would like to know how well the plane flies before I waste any money or time on it. Like yours, I have a Mag 91 4-cycle in it. So, if you don't mind, what kind of a flyer is it?
Old 01-13-2008, 06:48 AM
LDM

skaggs its a great flying plane with the 91 . Its takes very little weight to balance and is airborn in under 20 feet .(I used a 1500 battery pack behind the last radio compartment bulkhead for CG )
Its rock solid in the air , flys more like a sport plane then a warbird .
I crased it after two years (my fault ) when I put the wing on the fuse I forgot one screw after being interrupted , as a result I got it off the ground and the wing was flapping on the one side causeing major rudder and airleron management , I cut the throttle , slowed it dowed and faught it to the ground .
Totally repairable but I was onto other projects . I will rebuild the damage after I clear my table of some other projects .
I think you will loves this plane and its worth the effort
One last thing , at the time I never look at how the P47 canopy retracted in real life lol , sorry for the butcher job , I am much better at scale research now
Old 01-14-2008, 01:01 AM
m_skaggs

Cool, thanks. I've already ripped covering off every where but the tail feathers as it was really awful. There were gaps at the seams and balsa showed through. I think I might give it a light glass and paint just for fun (and becuase I've never done it). I also have to build new wing fillet's because I broke one while removing the covering. Maybe some better wheel wells and I want to move the throttle servo closer to the firewall. I just can't make the push rod run in a fashion that I'm satisfied will work. I'll try to post a pic when/if I ever finish.

Anyhow, thanks for the info.

By the way, no need to appologize to me for having a less than scale canopy. Believe me, I had no clue. This is just for fun, I don't get to worked up about being 100% correct.
Old 01-14-2008, 05:34 AM
LDM

Thanks , a few more notes
1) I glassed the wheels wells because I was approaching the leading edge (thin area) in order to get larger wheels .
2)Downloaded the cowl markings
3)tape your tail on if possible while trying to get the pushrods to work , its easier then after there glued on
4)great idea to move servos forward , because even with the 91 its slightly balances in the rear that is why i put the battery behind the last radio compartment bulkhead