Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Balsa USA Eindecker, 80"

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Balsa USA Eindecker, 80"

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 07:00 AM
ekir
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Balsa USA Eindecker, 80"

I am interested in the Balsa USA Eindecker, 80" Kit. How does it build and how does it fly? I am thinking about putting an OS 91 4-stroke Engine on this bird.

Thanks,

Ed
Old 01-12-2005, 08:34 AM
u2fast
My Feedback: (37)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Balsa USA Eindecker, 80"

best flying model i have ever owned. it putts around, she will do basic aerobatics, you can dress her up and still keep her light. when i get home this evening i will add pics of mine. i built her in 4 weeks. i added cap strips and real burnished alluminum, as well. i have been flying for 25 years and fly turbines reguraly, however the eindecker always makes it to the field for some good flying. barry ps, i would consider an os 120, she will need the nose weight.
Old 01-12-2005, 10:36 AM
RJB-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

U2fast is right about the Eindecker, it's a great flying model. I had one for a couple of years until radio failure put it in. Or was that a Sopwith Camel? I had a Saito 91 in mine and when I build another one, I'll be using at least a 1.20 4-stroke or maybe a G-26. It could use the extra power. Can't go wrong with this BUSA kit.
Old 01-12-2005, 10:30 PM
u2fast
My Feedback: (37)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

here are pics of old faithful. barry ps she is 5 years old.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db85767.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	214376   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kg14877.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	214377   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ty65262.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	214378  
Old 01-13-2005, 08:24 AM
fwman1
My Feedback: (22)

ORIGINAL: u2fast

best flying model i have ever owned. it putts around, she will do basic aerobatics, you can dress her up and still keep her light. when i get home this evening i will add pics of mine. i built her in 4 weeks. i added cap strips and real burnished alluminum, as well. i have been flying for 25 years and fly turbines reguraly, however the eindecker always makes it to the field for some good flying. barry ps, i would consider an os 120, she will need the nose weight.
What HE SAID! When I want to have fun flying, not stress the high wing loading stuff, the Eindecker goes in the truck. I was going to post a pic, but u2fast's looks better than mine!

Get one, you won't be sorry. Lot's of guys put G-23's and weedie 25cc conversions in them. Mine uses TT.91 and will darn near stand on the prop when the enemy gets too close.