Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

KMP Hurricane A LOT of Work??

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

KMP Hurricane A LOT of Work??

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2005, 10:12 AM
BAMAFLY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KMP Hurricane A LOT of Work??

The Hurricane is one of my favorites and I looked forward to the intro of the KMP ARF. In following what`s been submitted on this plane, it appears that it requires MANY hours for assembly with all sorts of modifications/changes of various sorts ( definitely NOT for the first time ARF assembler!! ). For those with experience, is my assessment correct? Perhaps H9 or WM will bring one out that`ll be a bit less intimidating. Thanks.
Old 01-22-2005, 11:21 AM
Canuck1

Default RE: KMP Hurricane A LOT of Work??

Bamafly;
There realy is not to much to do to get it airborne. Most of use just like to scale it up a bit more. The parts all fit very nicely, and there have been a few issues regarding retracts. Give it a try and you will be pleased. Mine is beginning to take shape nicely.

Craig
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db85826.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	218860   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj27015.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	218861  
Old 01-22-2005, 12:13 PM
BlueMax3
My Feedback: (1)

Hello,

I am putting this ARF together now and I am not an experienced builder. I do not think it is difficult to build the plane as it comes. The difficulty comes in adding the scale features that have been described on this forum. The one difficulty is that the instructions are poor. If you have built one or two other ARFs, you should be ok with the descriptions and pictures on this forum.

Travis
Old 01-23-2005, 03:35 AM
Jimmy Bananas
My Feedback: (13)

Bamafly:

There is a big thread on the KMP Hurricane in the "Warbirds and Warplanes" forum..check it out....Alot of good info there..BTW,the retracts aren't that good..I checked with one builder and he said they are 'Junk"..He said it, not me..He installed 'Robarts in it..........Good Luck
Old 01-23-2005, 01:35 PM
Idigbo

Bamafly, it all depends on how much time you want to spend on it!

You could have the thing out of the box and ready to fly in a good day if you got stuck in.

The difference is that YT (KMP over where you are) offer an ARTF that has scope for turning into a very nice scale model, hence the threads here and in the UK explaining just how to do these mods.

Built straight from the box, it takes no longer and is no harder to do than the other Warbird ARTF's, but the others always tend to look like Semi Scale Artfs, without the options the Hurricane gives the builder.

On the subject of retracts, they have had some leakage issues, but the units that go out with the YT kits are all checked, and replaced if they are sub standard. Cannot speak about the US distributors, but reckon they are (should) be doing the same.

Don't be put off your favourite aeroplane, as if you get one you will absolutely love it even more!

Ian.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ax73194.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	219479   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx75693.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	16.6 KB
ID:	219480   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lq37877.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	219481  
Old 01-23-2005, 01:49 PM
Doug D.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

While this is an ARF, you aren't really building it. You're just doing the final assembly work. If you want to build one try a set of plans fron Brian Taylor or Ziroli. There are a few others out there.
But for An ARF, KMP's is pretty decent looking. With a minimum of hours you can be flying one of your favorites.
And while your flying it you may actually try and enjoy building one from plans or a kit.