Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

VQ Model MIG-3 and P-51D

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

VQ Model MIG-3 and P-51D

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2005, 10:26 PM
cristomx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VQ Model MIG-3 and P-51D

I'm looking for a grate looks .46 to .60 warbirds, do you have any review or comments about VQ Model MIG-3 and P-51D airplanes?

P.S: See this models at www.vqmodelaircraft.com

Thanks![sm=cool.gif]
Old 01-25-2005, 11:16 PM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: VQ Model MIG-3 and P-51D

I have one of the very first ones to come out about 4 years ago. Using an OS91 4stk. The only complaint I have is the plastic is a little thin and breaks, but I understand the new kits have better qualityplastic. Plane is extremley stable & fast. I ran thin C/A along all the seems of the covering when I assembled it, and have never had any issues w/ covering. It stays tight in the sun too.
Take off is 3/4 throttle and hands off till ready for rotate, then just a touch of up and away she goes. Lands better than any warbird I have ever flown. Flies very much like the WM Mustang.
The quality is not what some others are but the value is high w/ you consider cost.
BTW, did I mention I like it.
Old 01-26-2005, 04:43 AM
a65l
My Feedback: (17)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have their Macchi MC 205, which as near as I can tell is the wame wing they use on all their warbirds. I'll echo what TLH101 said, very stable, one of the easiest to fly warbirds I've got. The retract mounts in the wing are a little weak, though, and won't take very much abuse. I flew mine with an AX.46 which was plenty of power. Very nice detailing on the cowling, nice details on teh covering, but the outline wasn't exactally scale. But it looked great in the air.

Andy
Old 01-27-2005, 05:27 PM
bbuss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the Macchi Veltro and it came to a sad end when a bad landing pulled a retract and half of the internals out of a wing and cracked the fuse in several places. I had a Magnum 70 four stroke in it and it flew really well but I personally always had trouble landing as it was a real floater. I may be tempted to buy another one day so I kept the cowl which is already cut for the magnum.