Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

P51 mustang ARF

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2005, 08:26 PM
tman0258
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P51 mustang ARF

I posted on the combat plane forum oops...please kill the other thread and not this one....

I'm wondering if any of you have ever heard of the manufacturer China Model ...Its a Chinese company obviously and im wondering about thier Mustang ARF .60 size???
Old 01-28-2005, 09:43 PM
tman0258
My Feedback: (-1)

Default RE: P51 mustang ARF

Have any of you heard this manufacturer??

The plane is like this one.... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWA:IT
Old 01-29-2005, 12:00 AM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Junk, go with World Models or GP
Old 01-29-2005, 12:06 AM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

Nonsense
it flies better then the hangar 9 mustang and it is lighter and cheaerp.
You will have to throw away the stock retracts and get Hobbico .40-.60 size retracts.

here is mine:

This arf requires more work then a name brand arf, but it flies awesome, I have both 40 size and 60 size, they fly like sport planes because they are built very light.
In Asia, all people fly is Yong Kang Galaxy stuff.

Go to the ARF/RTF forum and search for "double trouble" you will hear good reviews

btw, you can get it from raidentech.com or egrandbuy.com for 130 shipped to your door, it has yahoo shopping protection as well.
Old 01-29-2005, 03:43 AM
Richard L.
My Feedback: (24)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Alkaline

That's because in Asia, people don't fly scale planes. The H9 Mustang has better proportions and lines.
Old 01-29-2005, 04:57 AM
DiscoWings

ORIGINAL: Richard L.

That's because in Asia, people don't fly scale planes. The H9 Mustang has better proportions and lines.

I don't think you have even been to asia, you know its a big PLACE ASIA
90% of all the stuff you fly is made in "ASIA" including all of your engines (yes precious Y.S. engine is Made in JAPAN, which so happens to be in ASIA , your radio, most probaly a Futaba, and servos, hell even the battery used in the plane is made in Asia) and they do fly scale planes, they are more "stand-off" scale, even hangar 9 e.t.c. is at best "STAND-OFF SCALE". A true scale plane are in the Yellow Aircraft, Zirolli, BT, and not alot of people fly them any where, but people fly rc all around the world and ya they do fly SCALE. Go to the Jet forum and you will see a guy building a SCALE f-14, and guess what he is in Hong Kong

What I meant by all people fly is Yong Kang, is that its just as popular thier as Great Planes/Hangar 9 is here, every Hobby Shop as stuff made by them.

I flew the H9 mustang and I flew the replica H9 mustang (for 135) and they both flew the same.
The Yong Kang double trouble the better then either of them and wieghed 1.35 lbs less then the h9 mustang with the same engine (ST G90). You really don't have anything to go buy unless you try the "Ebay Mustang" obviously you haven't and it shows by your predujice...
Old 01-29-2005, 10:06 AM
Cyclic Hardover

Problem is every "Cha Ching" outfit and their brother is getting in on the RC market and the planes being sold by Phoenix and several other outfits selling identical planes are crap. Has anybody been to Harbor Freight lately and seen what they have in the display windows? Next thing you know we'll have somebody ask if Harbor Freight planes are any good?[sm=bananahead.gif]
Old 01-29-2005, 10:36 AM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

I don't think you have even been to asia, you know its a big PLACE ASIA
90% of all the stuff you fly is made in "ASIA" including all of your engines (yes precious Y.S. engine is Made in JAPAN, which so happens to be in ASIA , your radio, most probaly a Futaba, and servos, hell even the battery used in the plane is made in Asia) and they do fly scale planes, they are more "stand-off" scale, even hangar 9 e.t.c. is at best "STAND-OFF SCALE". A true scale plane are in the Yellow Aircraft, Zirolli, BT, and not alot of people fly them any where, but people fly rc all around the world and ya they do fly SCALE. Go to the Jet forum and you will see a guy building a SCALE f-14, and guess what he is in Hong Kong

What I meant by all people fly is Yong Kang, is that its just as popular thier as Great Planes/Hangar 9 is here, every Hobby Shop as stuff made by them.
There is a difference between products made by a manufacturer for a local market, those made in hopes of finding a buyer, and those made specifically for another company. I've seen some of the products made for local marktes. They are often far inferior to products that are made to someone else's specifications and designs. The differences are in the area of materials, design, and fit and finish. The popularity of some of the local brands in the local markets is often more about price and availability than quality. People buy what they can afford. Without going into a political discussion, governments like China control imports really well, by imposing high duties, so the locals either have to buy local products or pay really high prices. People in China are often willing to pay 20-50% more for a Sony product made in Japan rather than the same model made in China. However, many can't afford the price difference, so they accept the local product.
I flew the H9 mustang and I flew the replica H9 mustang (for 135) and they both flew the same.
The Yong Kang double trouble the better then either of them and wieghed 1.35 lbs less then the h9 mustang with the same engine (ST G90). You really don't have anything to go buy unless you try the "Ebay Mustang" obviously you haven't and it shows by your predujice...
The way the plane flies is only one part of the buying decision for many people. Scale accuracy is another. And still more are how long the plane will last, and how many tweaks one must do to get the thing airworthy. I bought one of the cheap Chinese no-name ARFs off of eBay. It flies ok. However, the fit and finish was terrible. So is the covering. The plastic began separting from the adhesive after the first flying session. I've figured out which plant it came from in China. I do not plan to waste my money on any more products from this company. I do plan to buy more Chinese ARFs, just not the no-name ones being imported by places like raidentech, egrandbuy, etc.
Old 01-29-2005, 03:13 PM
Cyclic Hardover

It s one thing to knowingly purchase a lousy plane. There maybe reason for it like something that resembles a scale plane during a contest when the skies are full of idiots and you want to fly but not your good planes. I do this and many other also.

Then we have guys who see a plane that looks good, cheap and thinks he is getting a great deal because he doesn't know any better. This does not make him an idiot, just lack of experience.

There are planty of planes in the market which are "expendable." that those fit that bill.
Old 01-30-2005, 02:52 AM
DiscoWings

No you guys just like wasting money and are very easy targets for companies to rip-off. The same plane, no changes, if advertised under great planes name, the price would go to 200 and you would all of the sudden have a million fan boys saying, ya what a great plane, I feel so happy paying 70 bucks just for looking at a stupid great planes logo

I tell you this, I search for "firewall hangar 9"... exactly I made my point, they are not better then the Yong Kang planes

this is the h9 Replica:
http://raidentech.com/pwwwanirarec.html

Its exactly the h9 mustang for half the price, even uses the same covering, I'm willing to bet its ultracote.
"Cheap Chinese Made" well you can go ahead and include great planes, and hangar 9 in that category as well because they also made in China. As for the made for other countires b.s. that is wayyy off.
You think Japan makes ps2's and nintendos only to sell in America? Taiwain makes ram chips and laptops only for the U.S.? Please... get out under the rock you have been living, any product that a country manufacturers is easily availible in that country, its just 10x easier to copy the design and re-sell it under a differnt name.

But I won't go on about this, the point I wanted to make is that NEITHER of you all have flown the Ebay P-51 so if you make statements completely out of your rear-end about the product you need to get a life. I have tried both, and I like the Cheapes better, they fly better, cheaper, and may not look as scale but its pretty darn close to any Brand Name plane I have seen.

As for the cheap parts, everyone I know complains of the same problems: Weak retracts, firewall, wings re-enforced. This is not just limited to "EBAY" planes its for any ARF. So if you are going to ahead and just swap out the retracts might as well get a cheaper made arf.

Even Richard L. likes the CMP Hellcat, I mean it says CHINA MODEL PRODUCTIONS right? So it must be horrible Yet he has said its his best flying plane. I can assure you that the CMP hellcat is sold regularly around Asia and was just not for people only in overseas.
Old 01-30-2005, 02:59 AM
DiscoWings

[quote]ORIGINAL: piper_chuck

I do plan to buy more Chinese ARFs, just not the no-name ones being imported by places like raidentech, egrandbuy, etc.

Shows your ignorance, well I'm sure glad you will pay 55 bucks more for a CMPRO model plane from giantscaleplanes then from them.

Enjoy wasting your money.

Compare:
http://www.egrandbuy.com/newth120arfr.html
&
http://www.ewtech.com/Merchant2/merc..._Code=60-79%22

here is some food for thought, the guys at egrandbuy supply giantscaleplanes with products
Old 01-30-2005, 07:42 AM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

I find this interesting, I went to Raiden tech , the Hellcat and spitfire are CMP planes . I have seen a ton of good post on CMP from many people in the Warbird section .
The hellcat is going for $199 plus $15 shipping , and the Spit is $225 plus $17 shipping , they are fiberglass fuse , flaps, ect they appear to be nice planes .
I have no problem trashing retracts and control horns , I do this on the H9 planes anyway .

This is a tuff and weird debate , consdiering we all fixed our H9 corsairs , I spent $279 delivered on the H9 corsair, another $229 on Century retracts , and a ton of time fixing the 7 or 8 critical things needed to make it airworthy . So if you buy a bigger CMP for about $50 to $ 60 bucks less, have to exchage the gear out well I ok with that .
For years I only flew OS, then tried magnum only to realize i did not need to spend as much , same with Futaba servos vs Hitec, ok so this is not the case all the time but with competition you will see an evolution that price and quailty will start to inprove .
I will tell you this being a Vp Of sales , not one of these companies has any sales sence if they did ..including H9 , Top Flight , CMP, VQ ect there ads would look like this

P51
Features Benifits
Fiberglass Strong fuse , long lasting , excellant detail
Cloth covered Less risistant to paint chips , will not bubble under the sun
HD-Retracts Unlike competition our gear has HD balllinks, HD struts to
Handle grass fields, and less then stellar landings

Expertly Built We desing to specs and test and put our planes thru 10
high intensity aspect , from flying to extreme heat to test
paint and covering
Scale Outline Please - compare our planes to competition , we not exact
scale but our outline is correct , counter balances in the tail
are correct , airfoils are not flat and toy like

That is a the features and benifits that should be listed on every company that is trying to sell you .
Old 01-30-2005, 09:21 AM
piper_chuck

Shows your ignorance, well I'm sure glad you will pay 55 bucks more for a CMPRO model plane from giantscaleplanes then from them.

Enjoy wasting your money.

Compare:
http://www.egrandbuy.com/newth120arfr.html
&
http://www.ewtech.com/Merchant2/merc..._Code=60-79%22

here is some food for thought, the guys at egrandbuy supply giantscaleplanes with products
Alkaline, I've read some of your other posts. You seem to have a big problem when people do not share your opinion. I've stated mine, WITHOUT being insulting. Perhaps you should pause and consider how you respond to others.

I also suggest that when you've calmed down, and can respond WITHOUT insults, that you go back and REREAD my post. I was talking about the generic planes offered by egrandbuy, NOT the CMPro brand ones. In your rush to insult me, you completely missed this point. All planes coming out of China (or Asia) are NOT created equal. I've seen enough, at several different price points, to know this. I've decided that I am going to spend my money on buying name brand products from people with a reputation for decent quality. I consider the low end Chinese ARFs to be ma ma hu hu (Chinese for so so, but with a somewhat negative tone). If you are happy with them, that's fine. There are opposing views, but no right and wrong in this discussion. What works for you may not work for me. That doesn't make either of us wrong.

I usually do NOT buy from vendors who are known to give bad service. GSP has such a reputation, and if you read the eBay feedback on egrandbuy, you will see they do too. If you are happy with them and your plane, that's fine. I've seen feedback from enough other people who are not that I suggest caution for anyone else thinking of buying from them.

This discussion is really just taking the LHS versus online vendor to a new level. Should one buy from an online vendor who knows the products, offers good customer service, has spare parts, etc, or should one buy for the cheapest possible price from a vendor who has a dubious customer service track record, doesn't stock spare parts, doesn't answer emails, etc? I can only answer this question for myself. I've decided I am not going to reward terrible customer service by giving them my money. You decide what's right for you. I've stated my opinion. Hopefully you can just agree to disagree and learn to respect other people's opinions without feeling you need to insult them.
Old 01-30-2005, 10:11 AM
piper_chuck

"Cheap Chinese Made" well you can go ahead and include great planes, and hangar 9 in that category as well because they also made in China. As for the made for other countires b.s. that is wayyy off.
This is not at all b.s., it is a well known FACT. It is very common, in many industries, for manufacturers to make products for specific customers and specific markets. If the customer is big enough, the manufacturer will agree to a contract that specifies that a certain product will be made for that customer, and only that customer. It is a FACT that many products are made in China under such an agreement. These products are usually NOT available to local markets. These products are often BETTER than what's available in the local market because the buyer specified higher quality (and more expensive) materials, more care during building (translating into higher labor cost), and a unique design (that the manufacturer promises to not sell to other customers). Sometimes the buyer will open a store in China, or agree that their product can be sold in China. More often than not, products that look and feel sort of like the original are actually just inferior copies. Occasionally, "the real thing" is available at good prices locally because a few crates "fell off the truck", or the manufacturer violated their agreement and sold some locally. I know these these things not because I've looked at some pictures on web sites, I have actual experience with how things work in China.

Bottom line, many of the products imported by Great Planes, Hangar 9, and other name brands (note I do NOT consider GSP to be a name brand), are often NOT available in the US, or other markets, from other vendors, or under other brand names. Planes that look similar are most likely immitations. It is up to the individual to decide which is right for them.
Old 02-19-2005, 11:16 PM
CRASHMISTER
My Feedback: (31)

TMAN I just started my h9 60 size and from your pictures I cant see anything diffrent between the two good price, good plane, good flying.........
Old 02-20-2005, 08:13 PM
Bluestar33

I agree with Piper Chuck. Even though all of the planes are made in China. H9 and GP are still American companies that do hire American employees. I'm sure that Horizon and Tower offer the best market value they can for their products, but they still have to pay their employees livable American wages AND pay taxes. To me, a company that offers great customer service and stands behind their product is worth my support. If we continue to feed the monster by buying the low dollar items out there, we will continue to see more and more low quality no name brands flood the market, and watch the over all quality of ARFs decline. Call me crazy, but I'll pay the extra 100 dollars for H9s Mustang.
Old 02-20-2005, 08:35 PM
Scar

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: tman0258
I posted on the combat plane forum oops...please kill the other thread and not this one....

I'm wondering if any of you have ever heard of the manufacturer China Model ...Its a Chinese company obviously and im wondering about thier Mustang ARF .60 size???
Odd how this thread has strayed. tman0258, have you read the answers and sorted through them?

If so, have you made a decision? And was it based on price, or first person reports?

Best wishes,
Dave Olson
Old 02-20-2005, 09:19 PM
prop wash

Tman,I agree with everyone.But mostly with Snoop doggy.I have two World Models P51's and they are very well built and they fly great.Very strong[I fly off a ruff grass field].The landing gear is not very good but if you are carefull you will be OK.The choice is your's and it's your money.Good flying.Tom
Old 02-20-2005, 09:38 PM
Brendon

I appreciate your comment about just being "new" in the flying game.
I have read quite a few of your comment s and have a question.
I purchased a KMP P51, powered with a Saito 120.
First plane this size, any helpful hints? i.e. landing gear ( which Andrew replaced) flight, anything.
[]