Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Am I really this sad? Anyone out there as bad as me???

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Am I really this sad? Anyone out there as bad as me???

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2005, 08:32 PM
lovetoflyguy
My Feedback: (139)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Am I really this sad? Anyone out there as bad as me???

Well,

After yet another spending spree, I spent the next hour stuffing my garage...trying to fit everything in. I was so discusted with myself I took a picture. Please someone out there tell me there as bad as me or worse! It will make me feel better. Lol so here are some pictures of my workshop. You can't see the 6 kits under the workbench. So...post pics!

Happy Flying!
PJ
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl28460.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	222925   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb88221.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	222926  
Old 01-30-2005, 08:42 PM
MarkShapiro
My Feedback: (52)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Am I really this sad? Anyone out there as bad as me???

Well, if it was stuffed with anything other than model airplanes, I'd say you had a problem. Here's mine.
Old 01-30-2005, 09:14 PM
RCJake-rcu
My Feedback: (7)

I can help! I see a few I can take off your hands that will fit in my garage...well...maybe...
:^)
Old 01-30-2005, 09:16 PM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

ORIGINAL: lovetoflyguy

Well,

After yet another spending spree

spending spree[:'(] man I hate going broke after one of those[]
Old 01-30-2005, 09:18 PM
Check6
My Feedback: (427)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey PJ,
Are you interested in a Swap?? LOL. Nice setup for your planes.
Fred
Old 01-30-2005, 09:29 PM
CaptainHook
My Feedback: (80)

PJ,

It works out very well for me when posts like this are displayed for people like me to show the better half that my hobby is at all out of control. Thank you very much, I was just approved for one more.
Old 01-30-2005, 10:01 PM
a65l
My Feedback: (17)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Spending spree. What's that? Is that when you go in for some fuel tube and walk out $500 later? Comes with the territory.

Andy
Old 01-30-2005, 10:12 PM
lovetoflyguy

LOL!

Okay folks, I guess your not going to make me feel much better. I guess I forgot to tell you that I'm going to go to N. Perry swap meet in March, and NO I'm not brining anything to sell, yet more to buy!!!
Old 01-30-2005, 10:20 PM
taildragger01
My Feedback: (10)

I thank you so much. I showed the wife your pics and now she won,t even dare complane about my spending. Man i wish I had even half of you problem, or at least that B25 you have hanging out there.
Old 01-30-2005, 10:28 PM
taildragger01
My Feedback: (10)

YOUR GOING TO BUY MORE?????? Is there a RC Anonomas around for this guy. Your the reason we cant find any good kits for sale. LOL... will you adoped me or at least put me in your will, I have a feeling that youre better half is going to kill ya after the swapmeet,
Old 01-30-2005, 10:31 PM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

I really appreciate this post. Now I don't feel so bad about the 4 ARFs, 3 engines, 2 batteries, 8 servos, 1 receiver, etc that I've bought since Christmas. I also feel better about the 13 kits waiting to be built, or the 15-20 engines sitting in boxes in the cabinet either. If I get a chance, maybe I'll pile them up and take a pic to help others. And I definitely need to build some kind of storage to hold all this stuff once it's no longer in stackable boxes.
Old 01-30-2005, 10:42 PM
lovetoflyguy

LOL okay, if you are all going to put little "stabs" at me, here is a little "stab" for ya'll!

My wife loves it! She is so pleased that I am into this hobby. I have two kids, wonderful wife, started a company in the airline training business, and still find time for this disease! She said if I have to spend money, it should be on something that keeps me creative. Its a lot cheaper than buying the real thing, but I have one of those too

Keep em coming!

PJ
Old 01-30-2005, 11:09 PM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Just one question here, have you ever finished any of the planes??? I am now off the hook with my wife and how full my garage is. I am going shopping tommorow. Thanks Dave
Old 01-30-2005, 11:59 PM
Ram-bro
My Feedback: (101)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If you were a older guy I would say that it was a mid age crisis and you had the choice between sticking a vett in the garage or AIrplanes. Or you might be a serial murder and and you are hiding the evidence in the garage. Or you could be setting your garage up for one of those contests....you know, guess how many beans in the jar. Make sure you call Guinness for the world record your going for. Hey man, I got the same problem but not as bad so now I can obviously go out and buy more, apparently my self pitty is uncallled for. Hey man , you could be the 1st to name OUR sickness and be forever remembered, either way We need some couch time.
Old 01-31-2005, 02:06 AM
viper21
My Feedback: (9)

PJ, Man I thought that I was really bad with the 35+ kits and engines not too mention my 10+ brushless motors and ESC's to match and of course the boxes of zapped round cells that I never got around to building batteries from and now I am buying Lipos for my electrics. I am taking this week to clean off my two benches and organize my shop so I can at least get to the bench to build[:-] I will shoot some before and after pics and post them here including the 20 or so kits stashed in the garage rafters and on tops of cabinets. Now I dont feel so bad about my planes thanks PJ,
Viper
Old 01-31-2005, 03:22 AM
the-plumber

ORIGINAL: lovetoflyguy
Lol so here are some pictures of my workshop. You can't see the 6 kits under the workbench. So...post pics!
Ah, thanks for the post.

Thought I had it bad, but at least I can get _me_ in the shop with all the other stuff . . .
Old 01-31-2005, 03:33 AM
vertigo72480

how many do you have in there? We have a guy at the field who has over 50 planes in his garage and all of them are flight ready. One day last year he came down with about 25 of them, and flew them all. I guess owning your own business can pay off in free time. Now I just gotta get done with school and get rich so I can spend it on planes. BWA HA HA HA HA, help me...
Old 01-31-2005, 06:25 AM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No , your not bad at all, however I will give you the counciling that you need .
Go to home depo or Walmart .
Invest in $24 plastic snap together shevles , then assemble them so you have hallways into your garage and you can admire you purchases .
They work great and you end up forgetting that plane you put way in the back then one day you see it and its like finding a entire new kit !!!!
Wings store real nice on there side on these sheves and it will allow you to fit way more planes then you now have -lol
Old 01-31-2005, 08:22 AM
Edwin
My Feedback: (2)

ltf guy,
The first step is to admit you have a problem. Your house is obviously not big enough. Quick, run out and buy at least 5 acres, and build a 30x40 shop asap, in addition to your house and garage.
Edwin
Old 01-31-2005, 08:38 AM
1wolf
My Feedback: (3)

Yep your the only one like that! Everyone else just has a neat clean shop with only finished planes! But we would all be willing to help you clean out yours just let us know when you need us and we'll all bring trucks. (I'll even bring a trailer just in case) One thing I am sure of is more RC wives have seen photos of your shop in the last 24 hours than of probably any other shop in history! I would love to have a dollar for every time a guy has said "see honey mine isn't so bad" For that we all applaud you Keep up the good work!
Old 01-31-2005, 09:37 AM
heliraptor

Hiya

Simple question in relation to the first post....WHAT WORKBENCH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You've got it bad, and I thought I was...still you'll never be without something to fly.

I haven't got that many, but have you ever considered selling the whole lot, and getting one gorgeous, top spec, top engined model and flying it as much as you can. I have but still haven't done it, its always fun to play with other stuff be it flying or building.

At the end of the day as long as your having fun, carry on, we're only here once !!!

Lee
Old 01-31-2005, 07:24 PM
love those warbirds
My Feedback: (39)

LOL, me and my dad just converted are crawl space in to storage for all of are R/C stuff (I'm into cars,trucks,boats, and airplanes. And my dad is in to helicopters.). lucky u with all the $ to buy all those kits I make about $800 a year mowing lawns. Now with that kinda budget (with my dad kicking sometimes) you got to be selective on what you buy. I think I have yet to through away one part because I think I may use it later on. lol. And one more Q, not to make you feel worse but if you have a wife, dose she know about the garage?
Old 01-31-2005, 08:14 PM
Ram-bro
My Feedback: (101)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

man you need to make a contest of this....Lets see who can ID the most airplanes and you be the judge. Winner gets his choice of any airplane in the garage..........Let see,a P51a, @ B25s, corsair, B17, Hawker Hurricane, Zero, Hellcat, Martin Baker? and a Super Sportster....How am I doing so far?
Old 01-31-2005, 08:59 PM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Wolf, your place looks like an airplane factory !!! that is cool !!! I cant wait to show my wife that one, you have just allowed me to increase my budjet and project load !!!This is a great post !!!
Old 01-31-2005, 09:27 PM
lear31A
My Feedback: (123)

How much for the folding table and the red and white igloo cooler?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.