Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

anyone have specs on a old "red box" topflite p-47

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

anyone have specs on a old "red box" topflite p-47

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2005, 10:14 PM
crosseyedsniper
My Feedback: (47)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone have specs on a old "red box" topflite p-47

anyone have specs on a old "red box" topflite p-47 kit number RC-19
im needing engine range 2 stroke ,4 stroke and gas preferably 2 or 4 stroke, control throws and all needed specs to set up an old "red box" topflite p-47 which is assembled i just cant find info anywhere , its not in the downloadable manual and also if anyone has a cowling for this plane cheap how bout letting me know ( ive found one at fiberglass specialties for $34.00 ). i would like to replace the stoke retracts which seem to be very weak if anyone can recommend a good replacement please let me know.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv65648.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	144.5 KB
ID:	222995   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq51407.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	138.9 KB
ID:	222996   Click image for larger version

Name:	In25812.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	137.3 KB
ID:	222997   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pi16814.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	138.9 KB
ID:	222998  
Old 01-30-2005, 11:35 PM
ShaneUSMC
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: anyone have specs on a old "red box" topflite p-47

Maybe you could start with what the newer kit is using, in regards to CG. Might be a good starting point.
Old 01-31-2005, 06:48 PM
Checkmate

I have one. Using an OS 61FX for power, which feels about right. Also has a set of Rhom retracts, but I'm sure spring-air would be fine. I also suggest some shock absorbing struts. Euro-kit sells some (there is now a distributor in the US and I've had good service from them). They are cheaper than Robart, and better suited for a 60 size warbird (IMO). FYI, it's old engine was a K&B 61.
Old 02-01-2005, 09:26 AM
CorsairJock
My Feedback: (90)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

OK, since nobody else stepped up the plate: I dug out my old Top Flite catalog (sorry, no date on it), which lists all the old warbird kits. Actually, I think the P-47, P-40, & P-39 were 'yellow box' kits? In any event, these are the pre-Gold Edition kits, which include the 'red box Corsair and Zero.

I remember going to the Oshkosh EAA airshow in the early 80s, and seeing Pappy Boyington and that Jap guy who shot him down, selling these 2 kits (Top Flite Corsair and Zero) in side by side booths. Buyers could then get their kits autographed by them. OH HOW I WISH I WOULD HAVE BOUGHT 1 OF EACH, WHAT A COLLECTORS ITEM SET THAT WOULD BE!

But, back to the subject of this post: specs for the old Top Flite P-47/ Kit RC-19 are

Wingspan: 60 in
Wing Area: 720 sq. in
Engine: .60- .75 (2 stroke)
Radio Equip: 4- to 6-channel
Length: 48 in.
Flying Wt.: 5 1/2-8 lbs.
Old 02-02-2005, 03:35 AM
crosseyedsniper

Thanks again for the helpful info . its kind of amazing that it was in such good condition considering it had a large rats nest in the fuselage and a snake skin in the wing yet no damage at all other than a 2 inch crack on wings under belly which is also part of fuselage where the wing had been dropped maybe a 15 minute repair and needs to be recovered but $10 bucks i couldn't pass it up.
Old 02-02-2005, 11:28 AM
BobH
My Feedback: (2)

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

I had a Red Box P-47 and flew it with an OS 61. Flew just fine that way. I did not build the wing though because the die crushing was really bad. I ordered a foam wing from Wing Mfg and it worked fine. I used Robart retracts and my plane was glassed and painted as "Big Ass Bird II". The plane flew very well even after one elevator side came off in flight due to flutter! I managed to land the plane at a walk!..Good Luck. I don't remember the CG Location but I'm guessing it was close to the 25% Mean Aerodynamic chord.
Old 02-03-2005, 11:23 PM
crosseyedsniper

thanks