Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

DR-1 Balsa USA or Ziroli?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

DR-1 Balsa USA or Ziroli?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2005, 08:41 AM
1wolf
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DR-1 Balsa USA or Ziroli?

Which one is the best finished and easiest to build? Any one seen or built either or both?
Old 01-31-2005, 08:50 AM
Chevelle
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DR-1 Balsa USA or Ziroli?

I have never built a Ziroli anything but I have to assume that building from a kit would be easier than from plans. As far as finish goes, I would think that it is more attributed to the builder than the kit or plans. Covering, cockpit, scale hardware, etc. don't come with either so it would all be up to you.

I am building the BalsaUSA kit now. (There is a build along thread in the Kit section.) I am happy with the kit but would recommend some changes. Change the inner wing mount supports (what will be the cabanes) for the upper wing so that they are permanently mounted. It is an easy modification and one that I will post pictures of when I get to that point. I would also recommend pull-pull cable installation on the control surfaces, a scale-like tail skid, and a suspension undercarriage.

Let us know what you decide.