Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Marutaka Stuka - Help

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Marutaka Stuka - Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 04:15 PM
midworldtraveller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Marutaka Stuka - Help

Hi guys, I wonder if anyone can help me out here?
I am building a Marutaka Stuka, my boundless stupidity has left me undecided as to the manner in which F2 should be mounted. Is it epoxied to the plastic cowl (removed with the cowl) or permanently attached to F3/F16?
Thanks.
Old 03-23-2005, 05:34 PM
randocommando

Default RE: Marutaka Stuka - Help

Hello, I have built and flown the Maratuka Stuka. The F2 former should be epoxied to the cowel not the firewall. This former gives a lot of strength to the cowel. My Stuka flew great on an OS 61 FP (more than enough power). I also used flaps to land and they were very effective. The model weighed in at 10 1/2LBS, and I used fiberglass cloth and z-poxy for the finish. Model Master paints were used with a flat clear to fuel proof the model. The Stuka is rock steady with no bad habits, just keep the power upp on landings. I have posted some pictures of my model, it is in Italian airforce colors.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yv66196.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	248115   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg16949.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	248116   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ms42887.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	248117  
Old 03-24-2005, 03:14 PM
midworldtraveller

Thanks so much for the advice. As you know, the instructions are non-existent & I was confused by the fact that F12 & F13 fall short of F3 by the thickness of 1 former. I guess I will make some new ones! I will be using an OS 70 f/s for power, which I hope will be about right, colour scheme as yet undecided - I will have to browse the net for something that catches my eye. If it turns out nearly as nice as yours I will be well pleased, that certainly is a fine looking model you have there. Once again, many thanks for the help.
Old 03-24-2005, 04:10 PM
randocommando

Thanks, If you need any more help just post it on rc universe and I will be happy to assist you. I look forward to seeing pictures of your build and your completed model.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:59 PM
centralhobby
My Feedback: (1)

Hi ...
Can you help me out on setting the control travel , I bought a completely built stuka from my friend but he lost the instruction manual..
I would like to get more info on setting up all the control travel..
Can you help me either on suggested travel in the manual or what you are on!!
Thank you in advance
Old 08-31-2008, 11:14 PM
davidgeorge212

I am thinking about getting these plans off ebay and building me a stuka from the royal plans which has a 71" ws. And seeing what everyone else has been putting on their stuka, I am guessing now that my spare saito 125 will be too much for this plane? I am well aware of throttle management on bigger engines but in this case should I drop it back down to a saito 100?

David G.