Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

TF GS Corsair

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2005, 08:13 PM
D Bronk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TF GS Corsair

Yes JD drawings crucial.I don`t want to come across as a "know it all".Just willing to share what I do.I`m sure that Squadron book you`ve got is real good, I personally don`t have that issue so I won`t comment on it. The one,I did tell you about,WILL pass,with flying colors SO pick whatever your going to use and don`t stray from them.I`m doing the same thing as you,as far as show-n-go.I`am just trying to doit to the very best of my abilities.I think that way a person will always end up with a beautiful airplane(not an air-PLAIN) and have"Maximum" pride in the job they did.Here`s a point of view fer`ya.These types of aircraft are ALWAYS being judged,if it`s at a show or,not.There`s always going to be someone checking it out,slobering on it,and fireing questions at you.I don`t think it matters,how a person builds there plane SPORT,or,in a NICE scale deck out.The corsair IS a crowd MAGNET!!!!Definately join BOSSMANS`build ring though,I think he has everyones success at heart too,as do I. Ya can`t have too many friends in this sport,as far as advice,and info goes!! I`ve posted some AWSOME sites on my own thread(CORSAIR BUFFS.........)ALL you GOOD FOLKS really need to take some time and check them ALL out.I`M sure it will "FLOAT YOUR BOAT" These were NAVY and MARINE issued aircraft after all.PUT your swim suit on.I think ya ,might just WET yourselves over this stuff.Only thing is you might have to hand type some of those sites on your key board, I can`t seem to set up a quick link. I GARROONTEEE you`ll like`em.Everybody`s welcome in there too!! We`ll talk more on those strut covers later on In the mean time I`m sure what wrote you will give persons some ease of mind and something to think about for the time being .I`m going to see if I can find the builders prints and manual for the G.S scale so I can compare to the 1:8 size and have a visual too. DAVE B.
Old 06-26-2005, 08:52 PM
D Bronk

Hey RT hows it goin today to be honest I`m havin a H-LL of a time posting stuff to.I suck , but only when it comes to these computersso I`m the wrong guy to take computer lessons from. I`m sure someone will be able to help you out ther though. ARE you actually at the point of installing those strut doors or can you wait till I can get a camera and post some pics for every one.It`s just the subject could use a visual to save me a lot of keying.If you are.Don`t cut the door openings yet,if you did,don`t,sweat it,not a big deal!!I just want to see the literature and see if that GIANT is same as my 1:8`th size. I`ve got a few tips for everyone that will be better and easier than what TOP-FLITE said in MY manual.In the mean time hang TUFF and read what I wrote hammer today. DAVE B..
Old 06-26-2005, 09:06 PM
D Bronk

MIRWIN you got that right.I say, PHhooey on THAT"expert" too .Read my view to HAMMER.
Old 09-25-2006, 05:43 AM
Jon72286

Hello to all warbird fans. I am new to giant scale and I am looking for a great warbird to get into this size of planes. I have been building for a few years and I have good but not expert building skills. I was wondering if this is a good plane to get started with giant scale warbirds? I am currently in the Navy and stationed in Yokosuka, Japan aboard the USS Kitty Hawk. I have a great place out in town with a nice room in it that I claimed as my building room. We fly at a good size field off base and it is fun flying with the Japanese, Great People over here. I know that you guys have a wealth of information on this bird and I really want to get one. It really isnt priced all that bad for a kit. What all dose the kit come with? Also, I just started a flying club for the sailors on my base. The Yokosuka flyers are a great bunch of guys. We are having fun with it but our group is coming up short on money to stay alive. Just wondering if any of you knew of any companies that would donate a kit or an engine of some sort to help us do a fund raiser and make some money to give these sailors a good club to go to and fly and enjoy their time. Our club needs all the help we can get. Thank you all so much for any information or help you can send to the Yokosuka Flyers club.

Take care and God Bless Petty Officer Jonathan P. Green USN