Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Engine advice

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2005, 05:57 AM
Dave in UAE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine advice

I currently have an OS 61 on my TF spit and the weight has come in on the heavy side (9.75 lbs all up). I would like to swap my 91 FX from my large J-3 and put it on the spit and put an ASP 1.08 on the J-3.

My concern is the ASP as I know nothing about these engines other than they are more than 50% cheaper than the same size OS engine, any input as to the quality and longevity of these engines would be greatly appreciated.

As for the spitfire, I was wandering if anyone out there is using the OS 91 and if so what prop combination are you using.

Cheers

Dave
Old 12-10-2005, 03:00 PM
1BadF8F
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: Engine advice

I have seen the ASP 1.08 used in a friends J-3. He found that it seems to run best with not over 5% nitro or even FAI fuel with no nitro.
Good Luck!
Old 12-10-2005, 11:21 PM
Dave in UAE

Default RE: Engine advice

Thanks for the post, I've stuck with OS on all my airplanes so far and I think I will do the same for the J-3, at least I know the quality I am getting.

Cheers

Dave