Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

topflite p-51, fugi 50, what do I do?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

topflite p-51, fugi 50, what do I do?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 02:21 AM
soilsampler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default topflite p-51, fugi 50, what do I do?

I'm building a TF 1/5 p-51 arf. I've mated it to a Fugi 50. I've now run into a problem with the exhaust. I want as much of it in the cowl as possible. The stock muffler is to big and I can't find anything that will fit. Wrap around ones dont fit between the engine and fire wall, and anything off the side doesn't fit inside the cowl. Has anyone else used this combo of plane and engine? Does anyone have any ideas? I really want to avoid totally custom, but i feel i may not have a choice. If I have to go that rout, I don't even know where to go. Any suggestions on that too? Somebody pleas help!!!
Old 03-19-2006, 02:54 AM
kmtranmd
My Feedback: (71)

Default RE: topflite p-51, fugi 50, what do I do?

Bennett Built (B & B Specialties) makes a pretty slim muffler for the Fuji 50. Watch out for that 75oz of weight that Fuji will put on the nose. I'm also building the TF P51 and plan to do Moki 210 with Keleo exhaust stacks for that more scale look.
Old 03-19-2006, 12:04 PM
gary9648
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you can get the Fuji 43 muffler, it will fit inside the cowl. Greg Hahn has this set up on his Mustang.
Old 03-20-2006, 12:00 PM
a walk in the park

Guys,

Gary is correct, I used the 43 muffler on the 50 in my Mustang. The mounting holes don't line up perfectly, I used my dremel to move the holes over about a 1/16". The muffler is available by itself through your LHS or Tow.

Don't worry about weight much, with the receiver battery mounted in the stock location the CG will come out just about right for the Fuji 50. Remember it was designed with the US 41 in mind (heavy).
Ye who goes glow will add lead to make up the difference. Even using a DA 50 you'll need lead up front.

GH
Old 03-21-2006, 01:36 AM
soilsampler

Thanks for the help guys, couldn't have done it without you. Anyone who's flown this setup, let me know how it flew. Any problems? How does it handle? Is the power on the Fugi 50 adequite for having a little fun?