Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Hanger 9 Corsair; THE BEST CORSAIR ARF for the Money

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Hanger 9 Corsair; THE BEST CORSAIR ARF for the Money

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 11:46 PM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hanger 9 Corsair; THE BEST CORSAIR ARF for the Money

Try Hobbywarehouse in Richfield Minn, I think there about $229 there
Old 12-26-2007, 11:59 PM
Whistling Death

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: LDM

Try Hobbywarehouse in Richfield Minn, I think there about $229 there
$264.99
Michael211-
I think advantagehobby.com is $258 for club members (no charge) and shipping is free
$264.99
-$13.25 New customer discount
+19.50 Oversize shipping fee =
Old 12-27-2007, 12:10 AM
Michael211
My Feedback: (1)

Nope LDM... I pulled up Hobbywarehouse.com and they have the same price as all the others I've found... $264.99 exactly. Everybody seems to be selling this ARF for the exact same price; almost feels like price-fixing is going on! LOL!

Thanks though. $229 I would have jumped on if the shipping wasn't too high. Last summer for a short time a seller on Ebay had 14 H-9 Corsair ARF's listed at $200 with free shipping but I was too cash strapped at the time to jump on that and I've never seen 'em that low again on Ebay. Rats! [:@]

- Michael
Old 12-27-2007, 11:35 AM
LDM

Michael try calling them , there website does not reflect there prices on many goods
Old 12-27-2007, 11:54 AM
Craig-RCU

Hobbywarehouse.com is not the same Hobby Warehouse that LDM is referring to. They've recently changed their name on top of that. I can't find a website for them and haven't stopped in for a while to check their prices, but here is their address and phone number that I found on this site http://www.mn-rocketry.net/mrn/hobby_shops.htm

Sky's the Limit Hobbies (formerly Hobby Warehouse)
7138 Chicago Ave S, Richfield MN
612-861-5587
Old 12-27-2007, 12:30 PM
LDM

Craig , good catch , I fogot that Jerremy took over and changed the name , I can swear there corsair is $229 ,
I stop there about once a month while on biz in the area , they have the best prices in the USA and its my personal top rated hobby shop on inventory , price , fun factor (meaning tons of eye candy hanging from the ceiling ) .
Great people who love what they do .
Last time I was there jeremy was flying the new Parkzone in the parking lot , buzzing house ect lol
Old 12-27-2007, 12:49 PM
youngun

What ever happened with the new version with flaps?[sm=confused.gif][sm=confused.gif]
Old 12-27-2007, 01:27 PM
LDM

who knows perhaps 2008 spring , I guess there thinking , take it slow , this baby sells like crazy as is !!!!!
Old 01-04-2008, 07:58 PM
youngun

I almost hate to pass this on ...

I sent Horizon Hobby an email to ask about the Corsair with flaps that was talked about on RCU.

This is a clip of the email with the answer to that question;

......... I hate to tell you this but, they are not coming out with a Corsair w/ Flaps. Not to say they won't later , but it is not in the works as of yet............
I guess the 'flap' thing was just wishful thinking by someone that got a rumor started. I really wanted that new one with flaps.[&o]
Oh well ...........

I wish the big CMP 120 Corsair that has flaps had a better reputation than it has.

However, even with this news, the "Hanger 9 Corsair; THE BEST CORSAIR ARF for the Money" is probably still a good statement.

Later ............
Old 01-04-2008, 08:16 PM
NCIS

Build a kit with them optional!!! It seems as if everyone wants everything done for them. ARF's are great but you have to take them as they make them. Make the H9 Corsair have flaps. Just look up how to on CosairJock's threads for modifying it.

Gibbs
Old 01-11-2008, 03:43 PM
optech
My Feedback: (9)

Anybody got a link to a thread about installing a Zenoah G20 into this Corsair???

Thanks,
Mike
Old 01-13-2008, 11:10 PM
Heli-NuBee

I received a H9 Corsair for Xmas. I will be using a Zenoah G20ei engine. I would appreciate any flying reports on the H9 Corsair with the 20ei engine or any other information about the plane or engine.

Thanks for your input.

Best wishes and good safe flying.

Heli-NuBee (Roger)
Old 01-14-2008, 05:47 AM
LDM

hey Gibbs [:-]lighten up ,(flaps) its just wishful thinking , I am sick of the lectures on this site , its a hobby , we can wish , dream , ask and pretend after all there models and we are not competiting for scale competitions or how much work we are willing to do to them .
Old 01-20-2008, 08:35 PM
Teenage Pilot 14

ORIGINAL: LDM

...... best prices in the USA (tons of eye candy hanging from the ceiling )...........

.......Last time I was there jeremy was flying the new Parkzone in the parking lot , buzzing house ect lol.......

Kinda off topic but yeah, it's my favorite store on earth The one that Jeremy was flying was the ParkZone Trojan, and Dave flies a profile foamie Yak 55 sometimes..... I do all my shopping there (as in every penny I earn). Just kinda curious LDM, when were you there? It's possible we were there at the same time.....
Old 01-21-2008, 05:43 AM
LDM

Hey T3 , I was there twice in the last two months , theday they were flying it was gray and cold , between 4 and 6 in the evening , I am saving for my next trip !!!!
Old 05-20-2008, 05:14 PM
Nitrodan73
My Feedback: (12)

Hey Guys! We just finished my rebuild and glassing of my H9 Corsair. We started this thing back in June of 2006 and just now got her airworthy. Probably going to maiden her this saturday or next. I have to give 90% credit to T Burley for taking the time to teach me how to glass and use his tools and materials. He really gave me an education on not only this build but watching him build all of his other beautiful airplanes. He really showed first class when he offered to show me how to glass an airplane. I'm sure if he can go back he would probably change his mind and offer because of the length of time it took to finish this bird. Between both our busy schedules, my other 2 kids, and my irritable and pregnant wife at home, it was very difficult to get this thing done. Thanks again Todd for the education!!!

We replaced the old canopy for the Top FLite canopy which makes it look waaaayyy better. Installed Sierra Rotating Retracts. We also used mostly Warbird Colors paint.

The noseart symbolizes my kids as the bombs dropping. The one still in the diaper was the unborn child at that time. He is now 7 months old! The tail numbers are my wedding anniversary. I thought this would show my wife that I was thinking about her while I was at Todds house building the bird but her reaction was a glossed over stare with a sniff of "I couldn't give a rats a@#!" Anyways, she is a nice thing to look at.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl30856.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	953515   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dz80868.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	953516   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xc79590.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	49.4 KB