Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

CMP AT-6 First Flight

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

CMP AT-6 First Flight

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 10:04 AM
B Shipp
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CMP AT-6 First Flight

Put the first and second flight on my CMP T-6 yesterday, what a great flying airplane! Power is a Saito 1.80 with a 17-8 APC on 10 % Cool Power. Retract are Robart 510's. I have not weighed the airplane. On the first flight, the only trim needed was two clicks of right aileron. With the Saito it is pretty fast, yet slows down nice for landings. It took full elevator to induce a stall. When it did stall the right wing would drop. Really looks great in the air!

Brian
Old 06-12-2006, 04:51 PM
snap232

Default RE: CMP AT-6 First Flight

Hey Brian,

Just about to finish mine soon. I'm using the 510's in mine as well. I guess you used the 3/16" wire with robostruts over it? I'm using an OS 1.60. Had a Saito 1.80 in mind but couldn't get it to fit. How did you manage it? Any pictures?

Ray
Old 06-14-2006, 08:50 AM
B Shipp
My Feedback: (13)

Default RE: CMP AT-6 First Flight

Ray, the 1.80 was a tight fit. I had to notch the bottom of the fuselage for the muffler. I am using 3/16 wire on the landing gear. I will post some pictures, as soon as I take some.

Brian-