Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

CMP 160 Texan and Brillelli 25cc

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

CMP 160 Texan and Brillelli 25cc

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 10:28 PM
bfd04

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CMP 160 Texan and Brillelli 25cc

iI am working on a CMP Texan which I would like to put a 25cc gasser in. The problem I am having is the instruction sheet states 136mm from firewall to back of prop, which translates to 5.4 inches. My motor is 5.5 inches from motor plate to back of prop. Has anyone used this motor in this plane? If so what size stand offs were used and did you have to modify the length of the cowl to fit the motor?
Old 01-11-2007, 08:05 AM
Skinny Bob
My Feedback: (12)

Default RE: CMP 160 Texan and Brillelli 25cc

Talk to Scott at Brillelli, one tenth of an inch should not be a problem. I believe Scott could take it off the prop hub.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:03 PM
Stuka Jon N
My Feedback: (33)

Whats the big deal just let it stick out furthur, I have the same plane with a SPE 26 ,same engine in stock condition and it fits and works just fine Stuka Jon
Old 01-11-2007, 04:03 PM
bfd04

Thanks to both of you. Well I guess there is no big deal to having it stick out a little more other than I like to keep them as close to the originals as possible. yea I know it is only a tenth of an inch stop being anal, right? I will mount it this weekend and let you know how it turned out.

John
Old 01-13-2007, 05:47 PM
bfd04

ok, well this did not go well. I can not get the engine to fit without at least 1/2 inch standoffs. That in itself is not the problem, the problem now is the prop hub is now 1/2 inch out instead of 1/10", definately will not look close to real. If there are any pictures of the Brilleilli 25cc mounted on this plane I would love to see them. Also if there any pics of other gas motors mounted I would like to see them also. Sorry for being so thick skulled that I can't seem to get this.

John