Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Ultra RC Zero

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 09:55 PM
Henry Chua
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ultra RC Zero

Does anyone have any first hand comments, flight reports, quality on the Ultra RC “Scale-Master Series” 92" Mitsubishi Zero fighter? Looks exceptionally beautiful from their website http://www.ultra-rc.com/products/zero/index.htm

Appreciate any comment on the Zero before deciding on ordering.

Thank you.

Henry
Old 05-17-2007, 10:02 PM
Trollmaster

Default RE: Ultra RC Zero

Well my first hand knowledge of this is they are not good at answering the 3 emails I have sent over 3 weeks. With this, I would hate to make a purchase frm them and not get any customer service at all
Old 05-17-2007, 10:05 PM
P-40 DRIVER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A friend of mine has one but has not put it togehter yet. It looks like a real nice plane, I think you will need to reinforce the landing gear mounts though. There are some threads on this plane if you do a search.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:07 PM
Henry Chua

Well I have trying to get a quote for shipping to Singapore but no avail. Have checked their dealers but they do not carry the Zero. Will do a serch here for any reports of this big Zero.

Henry
Old 05-17-2007, 10:49 PM
scalebirdman
My Feedback: (6)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Henry, I am about to maiden my 2nd Zero; the first one fell victim to reversed ailerons on the maiden flight, but was a pretty take off... I met the gentleman in the video on Ultra-rc's web site and watched him fly his Zero at the Rally of the Giants last year. His files very nicely on a DA-50, though he did damage his wing on a too slow, bouncy landing. I have reinfoced the ribs that carry the landing gear blocks, as they are not up the job as they come. The plane is tail heavy, so you probably will need nose weight. I am using a G-62 with Torque master belt drive reduction, and still needed a 3lb spinner nose weight for ballance! On the 2nd one, I moved the elevator servos out of the stab, and put them under the cockpit with push rods back to the tail. Haven't checked the cg yet, but am hoping to reduce the nose weight needed. One other builder used a fixed tail wheel to reduce weight on the back end. My personal experience with Ultra-rc was that they had great customer service.. So I guess experiences differ.
Old 05-18-2007, 04:10 AM
Henry Chua

Hi Scalebirdman,

Thank you very for the detailed description. Certainly points worth taking note of.

Still no answer from them yet on the shipping quote. May need your help if still no reply from them.

Thank you once again.

Best regards
Henry
Old 05-18-2007, 02:39 PM
scalebirdman
My Feedback: (6)

Good luck Henry, but I'm afraid I can't help you with any issues you have with Ultra-rc.
Old 05-18-2007, 09:09 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

ditto to that, dreadful response then a bunch of agro from them when they did respond after I posted in here

steer clear and spend your $$ elsewhere

ORIGINAL: Trollmaster

Well my first hand knowledge of this is they are not good at answering the 3 emails I have sent over 3 weeks. With this, I would hate to make a purchase frm them and not get any customer service at all
Old 05-19-2007, 07:50 PM
stuka
My Feedback: (62)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have built and flown the Zero.On the second flight the landing was a little rough and the wing was broken extensively.Upon inspection of the wing I found it was built way too light for a warbird.The sheer webs were installed in the wrong direction. I ordered a new wing and found some damage on that one as well.The sheer webs were installed in the wrong direction and ribs were broken on this one.These ribs were fixed at the factory to a substandard level.They were not even doubled over the damage. I emailed them and called several times with my concerns and did not receive a response. I would definitely not buy another of their products due to the unsatisfactory customer service and quality of their products. This is just my personal experience.
Old 05-20-2007, 10:25 PM
Henry Chua

Stuka,

Thank you for the QC report on the zero, will take note on that.

Henry