Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

rc scale builder

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 10:36 AM
timothy thompson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rc scale builder

they want a 20.00 donation to be on the site thats nuts! they give you 5 posts then you must pay
Old 06-26-2007, 10:53 AM
t_burley
My Feedback: (59)

Default RE: rc scale builder

Tim

I dont really think this is relevant here
Old 06-26-2007, 11:01 AM
Tripower455
My Feedback: (2)

It was worth it to me..... and I donated before it was even required. Sites are expensive to run and there is a TON of good info over there that can be accessed without paying a dime.......
Old 06-26-2007, 11:04 AM
MikeChilson

ORIGINAL: timothy thompson
they want a 20.00 donation to be on the site thats nuts! they give you 5 posts then you must pay
Funny... I guess you think EVERYTHING in the world should be FREE. Well... Me too but the unfortunate truth is EVERYTHING cost someone money. So what should I do? Pay MY money to entertain YOU? Cover you with popups and advertising? I don't think so. If you don't like then don't visit the site. It's that simple.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:32 AM
rwright142

As others have said, it costs money to run the site. You can browse it all day long for free though. Like Tripower455 I donated before they asked and like here at RCU I value the information. It's probably saved me a lot more than $20 just by learning a tip or technique that just may have saved my plane, engine, etc.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:34 AM
puff daddy

What's funny is that last week some of my posts on here where deleted for not adding any contribution to the thread they where posted on. Fair enough. I gotta ask, As to what contribution to this site is this thread. Looks like worthless dribble to me.
Anyone from here that goes to RCSB already knows the facts. So your point for posting this here is?[&o]
Old 06-26-2007, 11:55 AM
timothy thompson

this site is free
Old 06-26-2007, 12:07 PM
puff daddy

this site is free
So enjoy it. Still don't get the point. Mike has already said he can't pay for it, RCSB that is out of his own pocket. And since RCSB is a small community, there are not enough advertiseng dollars to support it by itself. Move on, get over it. It's not going to change, no matter how much time you waiste complaining.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:14 PM
Flakbait
My Feedback: (20)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I've donated to RCSB for a few years now. The information alone is worth it to me!!
PLUS I got myself a kick ***** coffee mug, polo shirt and I am about to get myself a build
CD or TWO. If RCU wanted a donation I would throw down some chedder ......... it is worth it to me.

Actually all of these RC sites are pretty awesome, I consider the folks hard work to bring all the
information to your fingertips> It would take years of gluing your fingers to the table to pick up
some of the stuff you see here, and there,

So cough up your twenty beans you cheapskate...................

Don't get excited, Just my .02 cents...... [8D]
Old 06-26-2007, 12:21 PM
timothy thompson

ok i get it i see lots of ads on here that pay for it. i didnt know it costs a lot for a web site i thought once you paid for the domain name you were all set. computers are new to me im 46 and we didnt even have them until my college years. i was 14 when pong came out
Old 06-26-2007, 12:22 PM
JIMMYMUGUREL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi All!
My conclusion:
Make a tour till is free ... to watch!
Remember a funny thing about a thread on RCSB.
A guy had a super thread, at that time ,a couple of years ago,for me was ( and still is ) a super teaching subject ( moulding,classic balsa build aso ).Some pages "stolen" by saving them.
After a time , need to study other item on same thread, but ... surprise! No more thread.
The guy sells his working thread with same pics and explanations on a .... DVD for good money. Ha ha ha.
And I say myself : - What a fool I was ... could at that time save ALL content of thread from ... forum, for ... FREE.
So again:
"Stole" until works!
Your's
Jimmy
Old 06-26-2007, 12:27 PM
F4u5
My Feedback: (81)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I enjoy both sites, but for a builder like myself, I enjoy the RCSB site much more these days and happily donate about twice a year. Mike carried the load by himself for quite a while before asking for donations. $20 a year is only like 5.5 cents per day, and Mike has built a great site. I waste more than that every day drinking Diet Coke (approx. 3-5 bucks a day, on average)[8D]

Jeff
Old 06-26-2007, 12:32 PM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Deleted
Old 06-26-2007, 12:55 PM
timothy thompson

jeff are you doing another corsair
Old 06-26-2007, 01:35 PM
F4u5

Right now I plan to do a 147 inch Spitfire this winter, 2007. Winter 2008, I plan to do another 14 foot Corsair....a bit larger than the last one (the canopy will fit better)
Old 06-26-2007, 01:50 PM
rwright142

Another 14 foot???? GEEZ!!! Got any pictures??? Cockpit???
Old 06-26-2007, 02:47 PM
Nakajima

this site is free
You get what you pay for!

There are a lot of knowledgeable people who post requently on RCSB. If you have a question and ask it there, you can be assured of receiving the correct information.

A lot of times here, all you get is bad advice from people who spend more time complaining than actually flying. I use this site only for entertainment purposes. Reading all the bad advice given out by some of the cheapskates here and imagining what happens when poor schmucks take the advice sure makes the day go by a lot faster!!
Old 06-26-2007, 03:03 PM
bla bla

If they don't have any advertising, it could be worth paying.
I dought that though.
A lot of those "experts" aren't there out of the goodness of their heart gentlemen. They're there for commercial purpose!
Same thing was going down here at RCU some years back, Big manes getting their own forum to "answer" question whilst at the same time flogging containers full of some bad quality ARF they bought in China and put their name on it!
Thank fully that sca´m is in the process of breaking down.
Fool me once, shame on you etc
Old 06-26-2007, 03:03 PM
F4u5

Check out RCwarbirds for my last 13 foot Corsair. Under projects.

The Corsair died in a spectacular mid-air with Merlyn Grave's 12 foot Ki-100

Jeff
Old 06-26-2007, 04:10 PM
jcflysrc
My Feedback: (50)

Nakajima:

I have gotten a lot of GOOD agvice here as well as some bad. I feel though that any info you get anywhere should be researched. I always check out the facts before making up my mind.

I love RCU, and RCSB has it's fans too. If you think a usage fee is unresonable, then don't contribute.
Old 06-26-2007, 04:23 PM
J_Whitney

ORIGINAL: bla bla

If they don't have any advertising, it could be worth paying.
I dought that though.
A lot of those "experts" aren't there out of the goodness of their heart gentlemen. They're there for commercial purpose!
Same thing was going down here at RCU some years back, Big manes getting their own forum to "answer" question whilst at the same time flogging containers full of some bad quality ARF they bought in China and put their name on it!
Thank fully that sca´m is in the process of breaking down.
Fool me once, shame on you etc
Most of those "Experts" are just builders like you and me. No one is laying down their name for their own gain - except of course the satisfaction of helping out a fellow modeller. Very few ARFs show up on RCSB, and the ones that do are not being "flogged" to an unsuspecting public. The forums are set up for desingers and kit makers - some of the designers check in regularly to offer advice on various builds or to answer questions - but many do not. Same with the kit makers. Sure - there are some vendors on the site - but no one is flogging anything.

I would guess from your comments that you have not bothered to scan RCSB - how about taking a look before laying down such an opinion? Or would that be considered "flogging"?
Old 06-26-2007, 06:03 PM
BobH

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Well as some one who has spent a few (?) years building on RCSB I feel qualified to offer my 2 cents. My knowledge has been increased many fold by the comments of others with more or different experiences than mine. I've never sold any thing or been asked to buy anything on the site.. other than the contribution.. which is no more than a magazine subscription.
So if it cost's a little that's fine with me. It's well worth the price of admission
Old 06-26-2007, 06:28 PM
timothy thompson

thanks i will contribute now that i know it costs. i did notice the lack of ads as i know anyone here can claim to know all. you hAVE TO HAVE COMMON SENSE
Old 06-26-2007, 06:55 PM
bigtim
My Feedback: (13)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did donate to the site, but if you look closely there is no set amount the 20$ is only a suggestion unless thats changed in the last week.
truthfully RCU is a much more fast paced site,with alot more members.
many of the questions I have had have been answered in a matter of hours and been quite helpfull.
when I have made a posting on RCSB sometimes it's taken weeks to even see something in a thread and alot of times there has been nothing pertaining to my question at all.
it's a volume issue RCU can sell alot more add space and generate more profit.
the volume of information on RCSB and the method of catagorization is a huge help and well worth a couple of bucks for usage.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:22 PM
LearnedInUk
My Feedback: (29)

ORIGINAL: F4u5

The Corsair died in a spectacular mid-air with Merlyn Grave's 12 foot Ki-100

Jeff
Spectacular was a gross understatement. Sorry to see something so nice go in, but Damn you sure do crash puurrty!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.