Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

KMP / YT FW-190A

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 06:06 AM
BOLTMAN
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: YT/KMP FW-190A

This comes out bigger if you click on it.

I don't claim to be an FW 190 expert, but from this angle I like it.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv64467.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	716029  
Old 07-04-2007, 10:16 AM
Beechbum
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did click on it, and it just wouldn't enlarge. I thought others might have had the same problem, and offered up the other thread. I wonder why they won't post a picture from the front.
Old 07-04-2007, 10:24 AM
Richard L.
My Feedback: (24)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is another pic showing the camo:

Old 07-04-2007, 04:47 PM
DaBear1

I got this picture from Paul at KMP yesterday. What a nice guy!. I haven't done business with KMP before, But I'm going to. The first batch is getting put in a container for the slow boat across the pond soon. They are accepting pre-orders.

Note: Cannon and weathering anrn't included.

I'm too excited to sleep.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj23362.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	716341  
Old 07-05-2007, 10:22 AM
oriole
My Feedback: (19)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wonder which one will be put on the market. The one with the cheesy tail wheel (Richard L.'s photo). Or the more realistic one (DaBear's Photo).

BTW, how do these composite wings hold up? Do they crack or shatter in cold weather? Do they become too pliable in hot weather. How do they repair? I'm used to repairing covered wings/tail surfaces. I have the KMP Spitfire (Solartex covered Wing), and love it's flight characteristics.

Oriole
Old 07-05-2007, 10:52 AM
alanc

they new models are not polyester, they will be no trouble, we are working on afactory option of a scale tailwheel, we are also trying to keep the costs down on this extremely expensive process
Old 07-05-2007, 12:51 PM
Paul Morrison

I doubt the picture was recieved from 'Mark' at KMP, because to my knowledge there isn't one.

However, that is the production version image. The weathering was added, and won't come with it, same with the cannon barrels and the pilot.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:32 PM
paladin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Well, I'm not worried if its not perfect, It'll be closer than my CMP. Besides as dave platt says" the scale doc's that prove I did it wrong will arive the day after i've finished." so nothing has changed. Just Fly It.

Joe
Old 07-19-2007, 11:49 PM
Evil_Merlin
My Feedback: (13)

ugh...

Love the blind support for an iffy product...

We will never get the suppliers builders to do what needs to be done if you guys just take it like they give it to you...
Old 07-20-2007, 03:49 PM
paladin

evil

they need objective, constructive critisizum of thier product. I personally would perfer to give them the benifit of the dought, and not make my judgements off one pic. rather from the actual kit. In the old days that ment waiting for it at the local hobby shop where I could go over it before pulling out any cash. These days I'm eager to hear about any way to see the kit without spending $$$$$.

Joe
Old 07-21-2007, 01:55 AM
Evil_Merlin

Constructive Criticism:

1.) Tail fuse blend is just wrong. Way too skinny as it moves up into the tail.
2.) Nose too long
3.) Gun hood is the wrong shape, and where it blends into the canopy is too high.
4.) Canopy, at the front, is too steep, and too large.
5.) Canopy overall is too tall and not round enough (with this version, the canopy is the older type)
6.) Opening for the cowl far too small
7.) Gear is at the wrong angle
8.) Wrong type of outter wing cannons
9.) Exhaust and cooling louvers in wrong location
10.) Supercharger "bump" on cowl too high on cowl (but it is close to the right shape, much better than the Airworld kit is)
11.) Wing dihedral wrong
12.) Wrong font for the yellow 11
13.) Wrong shape belly tank
14.) Iron cross on fuse is not proportioned the right way.

Almost all of these would have been caught had KMP talked to someone with at least a little bit of real knowledge about the FW 190.
Old 07-21-2007, 02:47 AM
Jimmy Bananas

Just saw the picture of the new prototype.....did anyone notice the 'Tail wheel"?..looks a alot better than the piece of wire they showed at first...still a nice looking FW-190....
Old 07-21-2007, 04:49 AM
alanc

sorry, but if i personally wanted something this scale, i would buy plans, and build the thing, just my view, which i am entilted too
Old 07-21-2007, 06:10 AM
Evil_Merlin

And its my opinion that if one is spending $650.00 on any plane, it better be more scale than this thing is.

How many times does it need to be said, the effort needed to make the KMP FW 190 a lot more scale BEFORE they started shipping them (which they have if people are expecting to start shipping out in August) was very little work.

If you want to buy something that looks like that, go ahead, but there are probably more people disappointed that KMP didn't do a better job in the design before wasting all that money on the molds. It would have taken JUST as much effort to do it the right way as it did to do it the wrong way.

I really don't understand people so willing to accept something that is just simply wrong.
Old 07-21-2007, 09:29 AM
serge760

this is a hobby,i like KMP they do a good job on there planes,if you want a true scale plane get a real one,and stop complaining!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-21-2007, 10:08 AM
Richard L.

Us whiners/complainers really made a difference in the world. Several years ago, we complained about gas guzzling SUV's. Now there are hybrid SUV's that get over 30 mpg. We complained about the Robart retract air pump having the tendency to leak, and guess what, Robart redesigned their hand pump. We complained about the Hangar 9 Mustang/Corsair having a weak firewall, and Hangar 9 added extra reinforcement to the firewall of later Corsairs and Mustangs. All the smart companies that listened and cared took the necessary steps to correct their mistakes. Those companies get a big nod and a nice pat in the back.

The passive individuals who just sit and accept mediocre things the way they are accomplish squat!!!
Old 07-21-2007, 10:43 AM
PE2fan
My Feedback: (8)

ORIGINAL: Evil_Merlin

And its my opinion that if one is spending $650.00 on any plane, it better be more scale than this thing is.

Hrmm have you noticed that that $650 gets you a nice set of retracts with struts. Please!!! If you want to ***** that it is not scale enough go ahead. Throwing in price as an argument on a $300 plane is silly.

I'm just guessing but I have a feeling it is alot more scale than my H9 P47 that comes with crappy mechanical gear.

That aside, Evil does have a point. Why can't it be done right the first time? If you go to the trouble to add scale details it is not any more work to do it right than wrong.

Old 07-21-2007, 03:45 PM
paladin

I'm totaly amazed that all this has been dirived from one pic.

Joe
Old 07-21-2007, 09:56 PM
Evil_Merlin

Well since KMP has been rather stingy releasing more pictures...

Old 07-21-2007, 10:06 PM
Evil_Merlin

Well if you want to state it that way...

Jack Devine's 1/5th scale FW 190 kit is $325. A set of Shindin Machine retracts are $275.

Thats less than the KMP kit, with the ability to make anything from an A0 to an G9 and have one hell of a nice set of retracts too...
Old 07-21-2007, 10:13 PM
Tommy_Gun

It's funny reading some of these posts.

I tend agree with both sides of the argument when it comes to scale accuracy of an ARF warbird.

On the one hand, it is an ARF after all. So just fly it and have fun. But when the price for one of these almost instant gratification warbirds breaks $400 U.S., it's scale lines had better be closer than what I've seen in this KMP 190.

The other thing I find a bit troubling is the willingness some folks seem to have to "lower their standards" to accept what is being offered and not think we should insist on better quality products. You have the right to be easily satisfied and others have the right to try and get the manufacturers to raise their standards.

Oh well, I think I'll go "assemble" that ASM P-61 ARF that looks enough like a P-61 to satisfy my scale expectations.
And if I can't get all the hardware for it in a timely fashion, then I'll start the "build" of the Skyshark FW190A-8 that sits on the shelf.

Old 07-21-2007, 10:33 PM
rrudytoo
My Feedback: (27)

Guys,

I'm a shift supervisor in a manufacturing facility and I have supervised employees for quite a few years. Each and every day I see and hear grown adults behaving like children. It gets so old.

My hobby is supposed to take me away from what I deal with at work but on this post I encounter four pages of complaints, disbaraging remarks and lack of appreciation for a company's latest efforts. Geeze, Guys! It's an ARF! What do you expect? If you don't like it, don't buy it. Let the market determine the success or failure of this plane or any other product, for that matter. How would you feel if you had a bunch of guys at the field tell you your latest creation was wrong this, wrong that without a single "atta boy"?

Personally, I have owned one ARF, a H-9 P-51. I learned that ARF's are not for me and I literally gave it away after just a few months. I already have one belly button and I don't need any more. I prefer to build my own planes as I am fortunate enough to have some spare time to do so and this affords me the ability to own something I created myself.

Having said that, I am glad that companies like YT/KMP are around for those who may not have the time, the space or the ability to build from plans or a kit. They should be applauded for their efforts in adding to their product line and investing many hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars to bring one of these new aircraft to market. The least we can do is thank them for their efforts because if companies like YT/KMP quit today, where else would you turn? Like my mother taught me, if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all.

Come Monday, it will be back to the salt mine and the usual whining, complaining and unreasonable requests. I had hoped to get a break from that this weekend.

Al
Old 07-21-2007, 11:32 PM
Evil_Merlin

Why do people have a hard time understanding what I am saying?

1.) Why couldn't KMP take the time to do research before making the fuse plug?
2.) Why doesn't KMP have an historian around, even part time to review products before they ship?
3.) Why is it that people are willing to so easily accept "good enough" when making it even better is quite easy had the manufacturer taken a little bit of time, or done proper research before letting loose those images of the future KMP 190?

Yes, I understand it's expensive to make a fuse plug, so why not do it right the FIRST time. It would have been no more difficult at all to do it the first time the right way then it is to do it the wrong way the firs time.

I won't even get into the fact it's companies like KMP and other ARF guys that kill kit guys like SkyShark... hell look at the kit offerings of even TopFlite nowadays...
Old 07-22-2007, 01:00 AM
Richard L.

ORIGINAL: paladin

I'm totaly amazed that all this has been dirived from one pic.
For me, the side view pic is enough to show the problem area just in front of the vertical fin:

Old 07-22-2007, 02:16 AM
jescardin
My Feedback: (1)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I totally agree with Al: if you do not like the model, simply do not buy it!.

Then, when the firm notes that this model sells less than others (if it really happens), they will investigate why and find that, among other possible reasons, the model does not match the accuracy wanted and hoped from their customers and will not fall about the same faults in the future.

Anyway it only shows the way far east manufacturer behaves: you may check with the jet forum and find how marvellous produced RTF jets have increible poor instructions if they have any at all. They only think of producing good quality products -as such they understand just the MODEL- at the lowest price and, generally, does not know or appreciatte what we, the buyer side, appreciatte from a model.

Ah!, I am afraid the above remark about KMP being among the firms responsible for USA companies going out of bussiness is a bit flaming as well as unfounded as ARF companies does not impose actual preference for ARF but it is just the opposite, they EXIST due to the actual preference for ARF and, of course, when a firm goes out of bussiness they may cry regarding the market or whatever they want, but finally the responsability is only from their owners for not taking the correct actions at the corrent moment or even for funding a "looser" company from the beginning.

And I do not speak just for speak as I work full time since 4 months ago for a 15 years old Spanish model firm whith 10 employees that succesfully transitionated from only production to distribution but conserving the producing facilities and maintining 2 woodworkers producing short runs of classic wood kits that keep selling well within the Spanish market, some of them are even my own design from some years ago, so I think I know what I am talking about.

Best Regards,

Jesus Cardin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.