Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Brian Taylor Hellcat

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Brian Taylor Hellcat

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 10:36 AM
bfd04

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brian Taylor Hellcat

Good afternoon all,

I am in the process of getting all the parts together to build a Brian Taylor Hellcat, I have run into a snag, it seems that I need a cowl but BT has stopped making them. I would like to know if anyone knows of a place that either has a cowl collecting dust some where or knows of a cowl that can be made to fit? All the cowl's I can find are larger than the one I need, and I don't know if I get one and chop it down, if it will ever really look correct. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Old 07-17-2007, 10:48 AM
rwright142

Default RE: Brian Taylor Hellcat

Did you check with Bob Holman ([email protected]) to see if he has any?
Old 07-17-2007, 11:34 AM
SMUGator

I have all the parts sitting in the garage ready to get started on the build later this year. Would love to collaborate on a build thread. PM me, and I'll give you the e-mail of an RCU member that was trying to sell the full short kit and accessories a while back.

Tom
Old 07-17-2007, 12:16 PM
bfd04

Yes I did check with Bob Holman, that's how I know there are none to be found.

Tom, will do right now
Old 07-17-2007, 02:52 PM
HalH
My Feedback: (12)

I believe that the cowl for the CMP Hellcat will fit.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:08 PM
bfd04

Thank you HalH, I had looked at that earlier this afternoon. I will have to get a hold of my son as I think he still has a CMP in a box in the garage.
Old 07-19-2007, 09:55 PM
CoosBayLumber
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wright......

Brian is slowly going blind. Along with a friend, he has been producing parts, and then afterwards destroying the plug and mold. He will not sell them to another. If he doesn't have it right now, it will not be available in the future. Do not expect to obtain anything after about October.

Have been others expressing an interest into creating cowls or canopies for past B.T. aircraft, but no one has listed themselves.

Wm.
Old 07-21-2007, 07:59 PM
SCALECRAFT
My Feedback: (13)

I have a number of wood and composite BT/holman models in storage. With the Chinese currently putting out cheap arfs I have decided to store my "obsolete" BT models. Thier scale lines, I feel are the most accurate in the 61" to 70" span to date.

109E, 109F, Hellcat, P51D (69"), Hurricane, along with a few others that my buddy has.

Steve
Old 07-21-2007, 08:11 PM
SCALECRAFT
My Feedback: (13)

Coosbay

So should we make parts for our BT models before we build or fly them.

Steve
Old 07-21-2007, 08:24 PM
CoosBayLumber
My Feedback: (1)

As I have heard from Bob last weekend, he is going to receive a package of parts for many of the models in the B.T. lineup about September. Bob can still produce wood parts, and make plans. Just if you did not purchase or order parts for any certain B.T. model, then do not expect to receive any, ever again. Most folks who ordered, know if they are confirmed on not by now. There were also certain "seldom seen, seldom sold" B.T. models. Those are destroyed already. The real small Mosquito being one I know about.

I expect any completed B.T. model to escalate in price (if nice) by Christmas time. Has been some mention by folks with the interest, they are going to make available certain casting, for they have an interest into that certain model. They are not going to make for everry single modle, only those which they personally like. I know one fellow likes Spitfires, and has made a few cowls and canopies, and yet another guy likes the Corsair. Don't remember who it was a fan of the Mosquito.

Would be helpfull if those who know would log in and make a list of the clear and obscure manufacture of parts. If anyone is thinking of a retirement project, have said for years, make canopies for scale models. Easy, cheap, and out of the blue needed. Vac-u-form interiors once all over the place are gone too now.

Wm.