Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

P-51 PTS Flaps

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 11:47 PM
xray328
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P-51 PTS Flaps

Hi guys. I decided to add the flap servo to my PTS P-51. Thing is though, the servo is straining to keep full up flaps. When I adjust the endpoints for full up I can hear the servo moaning and the volt watcher goes into the yellow. I tired to drill out a little more wood behind the rods in case it was hitting, but that hasn't fixed it. I can get full up, but why does it take so much pull/stress?
Old 08-23-2007, 09:42 PM
rmsr1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: P-51 PTS Flaps

Have you tried disconnecting the flaps from the servo and holding them in the up position by hand to see if there is any binding at any point. You might check your travel adjustment settings on your transmitter. Also, if you are using digital servos, they tend to make a buzzing sound at times depending on their position. My flaps have made a buzzing sound at times if the travel adjustment was pulling up on the flap control arm a little to hard. Personally I've tried this plane with and without the flaps hooked up and I kind of like it with out them. The plane seems to stall from flying so slow when coming in. Everybody has different styles of flying though, hope the info helps!