Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Ziroli Stuka - Who Built this Airplane?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Ziroli Stuka - Who Built this Airplane?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 01:51 PM
Spychalla Aircraft
My Feedback: (34)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Ziroli Stuka - Who Built this Airplane?

This past spring I obtained this Ziroli Stuka from a young college student in Michigan for $1,000. It came with all the servos, a brand new Zenoah G-62, and a nice Tru-Turn Spinner. The plane is straight and true, but I want to change the color scheme and rework her a bit. So it is going to get sanded and repainted. In the process I will be spraying over the base that is there which appears to be fiberglass and some type of white primer. It looks like latex, but it does not sand like latex. I don't know what it is. I would like to find the builder to ask them what materials they used. The Warbird community is sometimes pretty small and somebody may know who built this machine? Rumor is he was from Arizona. Any ideas? Leo
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr51755.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	814744   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt61303.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	814745   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ch96134.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	814746  
Old 11-29-2007, 09:34 PM
blueline
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ziroli Stuka - Who Built this Airplane?

I don't have an answer to your question just a comment, wow! You've aquired yourself quite the beautiful bird there, I just love the wings on the Stuka. I hope you have many memorable flights with her, be well.
Old 11-30-2007, 03:59 PM
NCIS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Spy,

I don't know who built it but it looks a lot like one that was stolen out of a Guy's garage last spring. He posted the theft along with several other Warbirds on this Forum. You might want to check back into the archives. You might be surprised if he happens to see it and claims it. If not you got one heck of a deal. It is a beautiful bird. I hope it was not the stolen one for your sake and that you have a great time with it.

Good luck,

Gibbs
Old 11-30-2007, 04:50 PM
Evil_Merlin
My Feedback: (13)

Bill's Stuka didn't have a Zenoah, and the paint job was a lot different. I also think Bill's had some flight time on it. This one looks brand new.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_49...tm.htm#4989933
Old 11-30-2007, 11:10 PM
Spychalla Aircraft
My Feedback: (34)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The sale transaction didn't strike me as suspicious in any way. I believe it is a legitimate airplane.

Well the pictures look a lot better than it really is. It was painted from start to finish with a brush. No spray, so it is rough. That is why I am sanding it down to the substrate to repaint. However, it is glassed so I am hoping that makes a good base to start with. The airframe has never flown and you can tell that the engine only had a tank or two of gas through it. I can tell you now that I didn't really make a good deal purchasing it. But sometimes you don't know all these things till you get it home. In the end it should turn out alright with some sweat equity involved. Leo
Old 12-03-2007, 01:38 PM
NCIS

Spy,

I am happy to hear it is legitimate and you have a good plane that you can have fun flying. Evil, thanks for clearing that up for him. With it being glassed you will have a smooth finish if sanded properly.

Gibbs
Old 12-04-2007, 12:31 PM
TomCrump

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Leo

If you bought the Stuka from a young man, named Eddy, I believe that he purchased it from a guy in Canada.

Sorry, I don't remember anything else.