Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

AT-6 Texan

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2002, 08:26 AM
Greg Cothern
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AT-6 Texan

Ok scale and warbird guys, what is the best AT-6 Texan and why? Kit or arf? Wing Span? Etc.
I have decided that I am going to build/assemble an AT-6, just not sure which one. I would prefer something in the 1.20 size and capable of flaps, but will take any and all info no matter what size.
Thanks.
Old 03-06-2002, 08:37 AM
fw190
My Feedback: (37)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default AT-6 Texan

The only AT-6 in that engine range that I can think of is the Midwest. Powered with a Moki 1.35 and its fast! Debbie Redmond world class flyer at the Sepulveda Basin, CA. I believe Ed Redmond can give more details, he's built two in the past few years... where are you Ed Red!

Here is their website http://redmond.rcplanet.com

fw190
Old 03-06-2002, 02:33 PM
Ed Red

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AT-6 Texan

I'm here Vic! I'm always here!

As Vic said, I've built two Midwest AT6's for my wife. One with flaps (which she never had to use) and her current one without flaps. Flaps are NOT shown on the plans.

It's a great flying airplane. Extremely stable. She flies it inverted the entire length of our field without many adjustments.

I put a G23 in the first one and it wasn't right for Debi's style of flying. The Moki 1.35 has been perfect for her. I have seen one with a Quadra 40 and it flew the plane similar to the Moki.

I fly the Ziroli AT6 which is quite a bit larger than than the Midwest. It also flies very well with a Zenoa G62.

Good Luck with your choice.

Ed