Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Need help giantscaleplanes corsair 75.5 what colors do they use

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Need help giantscaleplanes corsair 75.5 what colors do they use

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2003, 03:05 AM
fullscale
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help giantscaleplanes corsair 75.5 what colors do they use

I have recently got a model from a friend and it needs to be finished. I need help with what colors they use to make the kit. Anyone have any idea. Could really use the help.

chris
Old 04-18-2003, 04:00 AM
flybaby-RCU

Default Corsair color schemes

There is a lot of info out on the corsair , and i am finishing my ZIROLLI CORSAIR and i ordered the book corsair aces of ww-2. There is a whole series of these books on many ww-2 fighters and i have several of them they have good three views and several different schemes for the planes . There is a web site called aeromaster decals that is for plastic models but it has good three views of all types of military aircraft . Hope this helps you . Tom
Old 04-18-2003, 11:42 AM
CorsairJock
My Feedback: (90)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The GSP Corsair, like most other Corsair ARFs, does not come with an accurate scale finish. So why not, pick up a $10 ~ $15 book (as suggested above) and choose an accurate/ scale scheme instead? There are many of us who can tell the difference, and will notice. Plus, you will be able to provide documentation, if you ever choose to enter it in a contest.
Old 04-18-2003, 12:33 PM
fullscale

Thank you for the help and the ideas. At our club is a guy that works with the aero space museum in dulles and gives tours. he provided me with a great book and i have read through it. I was hoping someone knew the color they painted with when they made the arf. I am not the best at color matching and want to make it look good but does not need to be great. I got the model so i could particpate in our clubs warbird flying but not much more than that. It will not fly very scale with the engine i am putting in it and just trying to touch up some hanger rash.

thanks for the help so far.

chris