Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Ziroli P-40 Problem

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Ziroli P-40 Problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2003, 12:12 PM
SpitfireMKI
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ziroli P-40 Problem

Thanks for checking out my thread. I have a Ziroli P-40 kit that is somewhat of a basket case. It's had several owners and
' builders ' but is a diamond in the rough.

Trouble is, I need to get some parts cut. I need the Ailerons, Rudder, Elevators and Horizontal stab. The stab has been installed cocked by 1/2" so it's coming out. One elevator is much larger than the other, the rudder and ailerons are ok but not perfect. I've contacted several kit cutters but I got only one response and he doesn't want to cut parts unless it's his kit (it's not) then he'll do them for free. I'll gladly pay for the parts, is it that hard to do ? The other two I've contacted failed to get back to me. I wish I had a business that I could turn down money. Any thoughts ? My cutting skills are...............ok ?

Thanks !

S1
Old 04-23-2003, 01:12 PM
F4u5
My Feedback: (81)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd recommend cutting them yourself. Easy and should take less than a couple hours. I would not mess with new ailerons. Fix/work with what you have. Being that they build as part of the wing, may be troublesome to cut just aileron pieces off the ribs and then build with the washout, etc.
Old 04-23-2003, 08:04 PM
SpitfireMKI
My Feedback: (2)

I think I can work with the ailerons. It appears that they have been beveled to hinge at the top. Any ideas on a way to make a good scale looking hinge for this ? My main problem with cutting (aside from not being that good) is finding time and really, nothing beats a laser. Then its glue, sand and done !

S1
Old 04-23-2003, 10:59 PM
Holeshot

Hey there S1, where are you located?