Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

NWHT Corsair Control Throws

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

NWHT Corsair Control Throws

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2003, 12:40 AM
AlanB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NWHT Corsair Control Throws

I'm nearly finished with a NWHT Corsair and am looking for info on what amount of aileron and elevator throw is best to use. I have dual rate capability. Don't want too much, but certainly enough. Thanks.
Old 04-24-2003, 01:40 AM
Flyfalcons

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Give it what looks about right; plenty of rudder and a moderate amount of elevator and aileron. I'm trying to remember the throws on the Corsairs that I have flown (Both NWHT), I think it was around 15-20 degrees for elevator and aileron, but as long as the throws aren't extreme the plane will be easy to handle. Do give yourself a little aileron differential; 1/8" or so more up than down is a good starting point. Have fun flying it; it tracks great and is fun to fly! I'm looking forward to getting mine finished.
Old 04-24-2003, 08:41 PM
jcarl
My Feedback: (3)

Give it as much as you can get!! You do not have to move the transmitter stick full throw if it is too much. Also that transmitter of yours has dual rates, us it if you need to.

Carl
Old 05-11-2003, 02:42 AM
GeeBee_Jimbo
Banned

Do NOT give it as much as you can get, with a plane that has control surfaces as large as that I believe the recommended maximum is like 5/8ths of an inch either way, and you'll probably be turning it down because to much throw can cause a snap just like that. Too much throw also makes it squirrrely and twitchy. Full throw on your elevator should come up just short of causing it to snap out of a loop. To do this, take her up high and do a loop and pull hard. If it snaps out of the loop and you have to recover it from falling, then you need to reduce the throws. Use the resultant throws as a basis to set all of your other surface throws.
Old 06-03-2003, 12:57 AM
AlanB

Thanks for all the suggestions. I finally set it up about like all my other planes, ended up about the 20 degrees or so on throws. Did get up the courage to make the first flight and was pleasantly surprised. The big bird did great!! Think I'll really enjoy it now that the test flight is over! It sure looks good in the air with the gear up and the G-62 about 1/3 throttle!!
Old 06-03-2003, 02:46 AM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

How did you like it?

Pics?
Old 06-03-2003, 11:46 PM
Goggles
My Feedback: (4)