Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Right Thrust?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2003, 11:29 AM
AnthonyW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Right Thrust?

I a working on the engine box on my Ziroli 92" P-47 and there is no mention in the " instructions" about right thrust and there is only an offset drawn line on the planes with no mention of how much right thrust. I have thought 2 degrees would be a good starting point but i needs to be close as I have to set the Dummy Radial in the cowl and there wont be much room later to change it with out some involved re-engineering.
I am using a 3W-75 engine.
Just a little help / recommendations please.
Thanks
Anthony Wiencek
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	73316_3329.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	44216  
Old 04-24-2003, 01:38 PM
warbirdz1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P-47....

Anthony....I also have the "Z" P-47 and have experimented with both down and right thrust on a number of warbirds.....I have come to the conclusion that alittle down thrust ...say 2* or so can be used but Rt thrust is of little value unless you spend lots of time doing vertical manuevers......which is easily offset by using alittle rt rudder......I build all my warbirds at O/O.....that is "O" downthrust and "O" Rt thrust unless I see a need for a slight downthrust....On my "Z" P-47 I built the 'Glass fuse and I believe there is a little downthrust in the mold but no Rt thrust......Haven't seen any difference in the way the planes T/O or fly........ just my .02 cents worth......Bill....
Old 04-24-2003, 02:30 PM
F4u5
My Feedback: (81)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Right Thrust?

I am leaning with Bill...I have never used right/left/up or down thrust. Never had a problem.
Old 04-24-2003, 03:37 PM
AirRayInc
My Feedback: (7)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I dont need no stinkin right thrust

Deal me in, I too for 12 plus years have never put any right thrust into my aircraft, large or small alike. Matter of fact, I picked up a giant scale Sukoi once that did have it and I did not like it. I do happen to mix in a bit of right rudder with throttle position setting though.

Ray