Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Top Flight P-47 flying comments

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Top Flight P-47 flying comments

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2003, 02:36 PM
Kirk RC
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Top Flight P-47 flying comments

I'm finishing a Top Fight 1/7 scale P-47 and would welcome any hints and or suggestions prior to its first flight. The bird has an OS 120 Surpass111, century jet retracts and Hitec servos and is glassed and sprayed. Points on take off and landing trim, CG balance, flap setting, control throw etc are appreciated. I have flown War Birds before and built most of the Top Flights Gold kits so I'm not new to this but have found real input from real fliers makes a BIG difference and that whats stated in the instruction's is not necessarily always the best advice Thanks for the help.
Kirk
Old 04-27-2003, 03:08 PM
tim thompson

best flying tf gold out there! Tracks like she is on rails. Slowly add power and right rudder to get the tail off. Let her roll a bit then apply SLIGHT up elev and she will fly! After you are climbing retract the gear and have fun. On landing NO mixing with flap and elevator required. Keep power up to 1/3 nose down flair and cut power at the same time, Keep full up elev on rollout and the tail will settle. I am building a giant p-47 with a q-46 for power.
Old 04-27-2003, 03:41 PM
Kirk RC
My Feedback: (4)

Tim Thanks for the advice. I'm building the Big TF P-47 as well, what retracts are you going to use? Do you think the wing ribs, rails etc will need to be beefed up more than what TF has engineered? Ive found this was needed on the 1/7 scale kits.
Kirk RC
Old 04-27-2003, 04:25 PM
tim thompson

I modified nothing in the 1/7th size and have no trouble. I am glassing my big bird using polyurethane. The completlyscale rc
site has all the specs on how to do it. I have robart gear mains and tailwheel. Fuse is done and I am going all out in the cockpit.

Tim