Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

century jet Sea Fury

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

century jet Sea Fury

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2003, 08:54 PM
DK-Scotty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default century jet Sea Fury

Hi there,
I was again looking for some nice warbirds for me tobuild, when I found the Century Jet Sea Fury... I never built a Sea Fury before so I think I might get that baby... the price is OK for me, I just wanted to know if anybody got some experience with the kit (built it, flew it, crashed it.....)
anything helps
Oh by the way... I like pictures too

ty in advance

Jakob
Old 04-29-2003, 11:11 AM
BobH
My Feedback: (2)

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Seafury

Jakob, I haven't seen the century jet seafury fly but I have seen the vallincort version and its an excellent flyer!... The one I saw was at Warbirds over Delaware last year and flown with a G-62. I was impressed with the speed of the plane on that engine. I asked the pilot what he was using for power because the plane flew with such authority.. anyway.. Vallincorts Seafury is a little larger than Century's but I would think the Century plane would/should fly very well too.. Just my ovservations BobH.
Old 04-29-2003, 04:34 PM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

I framed up the CJM Spitfire and was very unimpressed with the kit's components. Instructions are minimal so experience will be a necessity. Also, the CJM kits tend to build very heavy. Having said that, I have seen the CJM Sea Fury fly and it seems to do so very well. Just be prepared to stick lots of power in it. The one I saw weighed in at over 40 pounds!
Old 04-29-2003, 04:56 PM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine seemed awfully heavy (about 38#), instructions are for the "scratch builder", retract instalation was absolute junk. One colapsed w/ taxiing. Has neet scale air ducting and scale exhaust is available. Oh yeah, rigging the steering for the forward retracting tail wheel is like building a "ship in a bottle".
Old 04-29-2003, 08:41 PM
DK-Scotty

Hey guys,
thanks for your help with the Sea Fury... I think I leave my fingers off of her for a while... I still got my Taylor Spit to finish, and later this year the PCM 109... but thanks for all your tipps...

apreciate it

Jakob
Old 04-29-2003, 08:48 PM
warbirdz1

Default Seafury....

Jakob....Why not a Don Smith Seafury.....relatively an easy build and flys great on a G-62........put many flts on mine til a battery failure @ Joe Nall several yrs ago.......Bill.....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	74550_12465.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	44681  
Old 04-29-2003, 09:23 PM
DK-Scotty

Hey Bill,
thanks for the info...
nice kit... but only the plans :cry: ... I'm not really the "from nothing up to something" kind of builder... I like to work with wood but need the pre cut stuff...
I'm going to see if I can find some more info about that model...
ty again...

Jakob
Old 04-30-2003, 12:52 AM
BobH
My Feedback: (2)

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Seafury

Jakob, there are about umm a Gazillion... ?? ok atleast 5 kit cutters out there that would be happy to produce you a very nice wood kit for around $300-$400 bucks. You buy the plans from the plan maker... Don Smith, Nick Z. , Roy Valliancort etc and they supply the kit. You can even get fiberglass fuse for some kits. Hope this helps.. regards BobH.