Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Modeling Icon Lost - Dino Digiorgio

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Modeling Icon Lost - Dino Digiorgio

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2003, 12:50 AM
fly109
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Modeling Icon Lost - Dino Digiorgio

Hey all,

I just got a call from Dean Digiorgio, son of Dino and he told me of his fathers passing. I asked Dean what I could do for him and he asked that I pass on this information.
I just want to say that I met the man about 10 years ago at Top Gun and have always been impressed and honored by what he had to say. He was always willing to offer what ever help or advise was needed and was a true friend of all scale modelers. His precence always stired thoughts of true scale modelers and will be missed by more than can be counted. His list of contributions to this hobby are to long to mention here at this time but for those that knew him the loss will surely be felt.
My thoughts are now with his son and other family members and friends. Thanks Dino for the Time we had>

Your friend,

Pat
Old 04-30-2003, 12:59 AM
barnyard
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I, for one, am really sorry to hear about this. I had just spoken with Dino not too long ago when I bought a set of retracts and wheels from him and Dean. I had met Dino many years ago when I was a member of RAMAC, and looked forward to renewing our acquaintance after years away from the hobby. My heart and condolences goes out to the family..
Old 04-30-2003, 01:03 AM
luckyb001
My Feedback: (8)

I too am sorry to hear of the passing of Dino.The RC community will miss him. To Dean I am sorry for your loss. Your Friend Mike From all of The Lucky *******s. May god be with you.
Old 04-30-2003, 01:35 AM
CaptainHook
My Feedback: (80)

I was just thinking of Dino just minutes before I read his. It's a sad day, we've lost a good man.
Old 04-30-2003, 02:26 AM
fw190d9
My Feedback: (1)

Default Dino

I must say also that I was very saddened to hear of his passing. I just recieved an email from him 2 weeks ago and although he and I didnt know each other, he seemed like a very nice man who had a very positive influence on the modeling community. My sincere condolences to Dean and the rest of the family.
Evan Q.
Old 04-30-2003, 04:07 AM
thunderbolt-RCU
My Feedback: (14)

Default A HUGE LOSS

Dean:
My thoughts are with you and your family.
Your dad was such an inspiration to all of us. He loved scale modeling and warbirds. He brought us all together across all continents with the Warbird Association he founded.
I just talked to him a few days before TopGun regarding the Fiberclassics Spitfire. He was always eager to talk planes.
Most of all, he was so proud of you and your accomplishments.
I lost my dad last year , so I understand.
With Warmest regards,
Brian O'Meara
Old 04-30-2003, 12:30 PM
paladin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Dean, My deepest sympathies on the passing of your dad. He was a wonderful man and will be missed greatly.

Joe Felice
Old 04-30-2003, 01:49 PM
misfit
My Feedback: (15)

Dean, Mom, Marc and Family,

Our thoughts and prayers are with you all.. We have had the pleasure of having Dino visit a few times this year and for this we are grateful. He is an inspiration to us all and has taught us in this hobby and in life.

Your extended family,

THE MISFITS
Old 04-30-2003, 01:56 PM
BobH
My Feedback: (2)

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Dino

I had the honor of flying my P-51 with Dino's P-51 and a B17 at Warbirds over Delaware a few years ago..My deepest sympathy to his family and friends..BobH