Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Decisions, Breaking into giant scale

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Decisions, Breaking into giant scale

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2003, 09:04 PM
Edwin
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Decisions, Breaking into giant scale

I plan on doing giant scale warbirds next year starting with a TF P-47. I want to use the ZDZ60. Will that engine be enough to proceed further, like into ziroli, vailly, meister and so on. They seem to need 70cc and 80cc engines. Will a 60cc give GOOD performance, not looking for unlimited or anything like that. OR, should I just go straight on into the big ziroli P-47! I'm a builder and not affraid of plans building, can handle that easily.
Edwin
Old 05-08-2003, 12:21 AM
BobH
My Feedback: (2)

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Default First Giant

I think the 60 3w is fine for the TF Jug. I am putting a 3.2 taurus in my Yellow Jug and its just a tad smaller. The decision is your as to which plane you want to start with. I don't think there is a "Bad" flying P47 made.. that wing is nearly a flat bottom wing so the flight envelope is excellent. You can decide on the all wood TF Kit or an all wood ziroli kit or the ziroli with the glass fuse. Lots of choices. One good thing with any radial cowl engine is that you dont need the Rear induction engines if you prefer a side mounted Carb style engine. There is ample room in the cowls for any type of engine... Hope this helps Regards BobH.
Old 05-08-2003, 05:49 PM
M Gill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Decisions, Breaking into giant scale

If you are a buldier, there is no reason why you can't start giant scale with an all wood kit. Same skills as the smaller ones, only it is easier to get your hands into the structure.

I usually recommend to someone new to giant scale is to get an ARF of your second favorite plane (to fly while you are not building) and a kit (or plans to scratch) of your favorite plane to have something to invest TLC in.

Mace Gill
The Aeroplane Works
http://www.theaeroplaneworks.com