Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Tf P-51

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2003, 02:52 AM
48chebbie
My Feedback: (58)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tf P-51

hi folks,i recently accquired a TF p-51,that has been built and flown by someone else for a few years.now my worry is. i put an engine on it tonight,an O.S.120 surpass,with pump,the servos,robart retracts,and all gear were already installed.and the guy has the battery hookups arranged to have 2 rx packs"?",anywho,back to the worry,with one rx pack,the all up weight is 12lbs. 10ozs. yikes!!! is this thing gonna fly or fall like a rock??? it was fiberglassed and painted,BTW. what do ya'll think? is this gonna be a worry? oh,yeah,this IS the .60 size bird!
Old 05-12-2003, 09:37 AM
psk560
My Feedback: (12)

Default Tf P-51

mine flies great at 12 lbs. I use the flaps to bring it in. I actually have a little bit of crow setup when i land. The ailerons go up just a few degrees to add washout as the flaps go down. It seems rock solid. It slows down quick so carry power till the threshold. I've also had it snap out of a quick and tight turn so be careful with the elevator throw. You really don't need much.

Craig
Old 05-12-2003, 10:25 AM
dionysusbacchus
My Feedback: (25)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Tf P-51

Fly it! I have a Royal the same size that is a plumper, she flies great. The problem with scale I think is that we have been infiltrated by electric foamie flyer's and their scary stories! ...

Luke
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	77857_21604.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	46383  
Old 05-13-2003, 02:13 AM
Kirk RC
My Feedback: (4)

Default Tf P-51

48chebbie, Go look at my thread" lead sled P-47" Today I flew my TF p-47 thats a total weight PIG at least 13 lbs!! No big deal. I also have a TF P-51 with OS120 10-11 lbs and it hauls ass, way past scale speed it would easily fly with 2-3 extra pounds. Give yourself a good long takeoff roll and a gradual climb out, dont horse it off the ground!! Full flap on landing and carry alot of throttle untill you have crossed the #s, flar to land. Dont try to glide in like we get use to with those funfly things,Caps,Extras and the like. These planes fly on the wing vs get pulled around by the engine.