Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

615 gear

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2003, 02:15 PM
av8r4aa
My Feedback: (82)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 615 gear

I have had several sets of these gear. I have found that it is almost mandatory to make up a 1/4 inch plywood "horseshoe" first. I make it so that I know that the geart is perfectly flat. Any twisting WILL cause a gear bind or failure. I always use blind nuts on the back of the 1/4 inch ply. That is the strongest most accurate way to do it. once you have a flat plate THEN fit it to the wing ribs. I like to do it that way because then I can check the geometry and the correct angles. these gear are adequate for 60 to ninety size aircraft.
Also Tower sells 7/16 inch robostruts . they are much heavier and stronger than the smaller units. Landing gear take a huge load on models. Take your time to make bullet proof installation and then your Saturday will be a full day of flying.
Old 05-14-2003, 03:02 PM
foxx
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 615 gear

I really like your approach to installing landing gears. It is very hard to get the beams straight which in turn can cause binding.