Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

1/5 P51-D Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 05:38 PM
Tsquadron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/5 P51-D Mustang

Hello to you all. I am just putting together my pica kit and i am in need of some help. Just trying to decide on a motor and have come across the Revolution Engine R-50. Its come with a cooling fan and i am wanting some advice on how to exit the air from it. Keeping it all tidy.I have ordered my main landing gear from Robart but am in need of a retract tail wheel for it. What would be best suited.(maybe the aerotech one )what do you think.
Old 07-13-2008, 09:34 PM
willey
My Feedback: (32)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 1/5 P51-D Mustang

I'll be following this with ya, I too will be starting one about Sept. my winter build! is this the 89" version your building? Read on Aerotech's web page that they only sell the tailwheel ass. with the kits now??? go figure?? Maybe Sierra has them that retract forward? I have the Robarts in my TF 51 they work good!! but thinking more to the Sierra one's for this one, not sure yet, will depend on the funds?

Also too wondering about the motor selection, would that be simular to the DA-50R?

have fun building, and post some pics for us, would like to see.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:53 AM
Tsquadron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes it is the 89" version. If you find any info let me know, I will do the same. I've just hit 40 hours with the kit. Photos coming soon.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:39 AM
BobH
My Feedback: (2)

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Since the P-51 gear retracts forward you can use a nose gear unit and mount it so it retracts forward. Robart's tail wheel assy. is very incorrect for the P-51 TF kit or a similar sized Mustang.