Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

1/4 Scale Spitfire Manuf.?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

1/4 Scale Spitfire Manuf.?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 03:02 PM
DISCUS54
My Feedback: (211)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/4 Scale Spitfire Manuf.?

I am looking for a 1/4 scale (Preferably Mark 14 or later) Spitfire-a Griffon powered one would be nice, but I don't know of oneother than the 1/5 scale Yellow A/C kit which is too small. I have seen some nice earlier Spits like the now discountinued Fiberclassics version. My eyes aren't what they use to be so 100" w/s is about my minimum. I know a number of designers have plans but I don't know which is the most scale, I have heard good things about Clarkand I guess Mick Reeves has a good one. I Don't know a thing about the Smith, Meister, Bates, group. I sure would like to hear someones take on a good one.
Old 07-17-2008, 05:19 PM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
Default RE: 1/4 Scale Spitfire Manuf.?

The only Griffon powered kit, or plans for that matter, that I'm aware of at this size was the Clark Mk.XII kit. I believe they are now out of production but you may find one second hand.
Old 07-17-2008, 05:40 PM
alanc

only 1/4 Spits i kmow of are the MK1Xs here in the UK, Mick Reeves, fully built up, or a version with a glass fuzz, Mike Booth, of LMA Flying Legends fame is near to producing a all compisite, fully detailed version, but a 14? hmmm dont think so
Old 07-17-2008, 09:28 PM
DISCUS54

Thanks Chad, I would be much beholding to anyone that would be willing to sell a set of plans or kit if they have one.
Old 07-17-2008, 11:53 PM
funfly-RCU
My Feedback: (28)

You can still get the Clark kit. here is his link. http://www.clarkindustries.on.ca/
Old 07-20-2008, 05:44 AM
DISCUS54

Thanks Guys! It looks like Clark is developing a Mark XIV after all! It will be interesting to see how his engine is modified to fit. I'm not crazy about price, but if he comes out with some sort of drive reduction and a scale prop-I'm in!