Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Corsair-Wingspan 95"Bud Nosen,anyone else have it?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Corsair-Wingspan 95"Bud Nosen,anyone else have it?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2003, 06:21 AM
flyer67

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corsair-Wingspan 95"Bud Nosen,anyone else have it?

Hy ,

I have just bought a Corsair F4U,finished with robart retracts without Motor and it seems to be a Bud Nosen one(only the cowl is fiberglass,the rest is all balsa covered with fiberglass and painted).Now my problem is that i have no plans or information
about the CG-Point or anything about which Motor/Prop. would be the best choice.
I have to say that i`m from Germany (hope my English is not to bad ) and the Bud nosen Corsair is not so popular here,so most of the modelers fly corsairs from Kuhlmann and Kranz which are all made in fiberglass.
So if anybody can tell me something about that Machine ,also about the maximum ways for aileron,elevator and Flaps,it would be very helpfully for me.
Oh here are some facts about the Machine:

Wingspan: 95inch
Weight: 22lbs(without Motor ,RC)
Retracts: Front Robarts with 90 deg. turn,Tail HAWE
Controls:rudder,elevator,ailerons,flaps,retracts.

Motor before was a 3W60 with 22/12 Prop.

Hopefully anyone has the same an can help me,also every Hint is welcome.

regards Reinhold
Old 12-26-2003, 10:33 PM
sabatka_r
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: <span class=

The Bud Nosen Corsair is 102" wingspan. Yours could be different name or designer. Rick
Old 12-27-2003, 10:40 AM
bpannier

Default RE: <span class=

It may be a Royal if I remember span was 95" . Do not have any other information on the kit.
Old 12-28-2003, 03:18 PM
cknaack
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Corsair-Wingspan 95"Bud Nosen,anyone else have it?

The Ziroli Corsair is a 93" wing span. You may be able to use the control surface throws from his design as a starting point. You may also want to compare his design to yours. If everything looks close, you may want to use his CG point. Don't forget to balance it with the gear retracted, or you may get a surprise the first time you retract the gear in flight.

I am offering the Ziroli suggestion with the understanding that you may not be able to identify the original designer. A good friend of mine bought a F6F Hellcat with the belief that it was a Byron. As it turned out, it was a Don Smith design......... Much different than what he thought he was getting.

Good Luck!