Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Skyraider Armament

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Skyraider Armament

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2003, 02:27 PM
gromitvt10
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Skyraider Armament

Hello all, Hey i got a quick question for ya. do you know
a good place to buy bombs and drop tanks? Its for my Global A-1 Skyraider arf, a skyraider just doesn't look right unless its armed to the teeth. I looked at the ones by great planes, but not sure if they are big enough, also they don't look like the bombs the A-1 carried in Vietnam.
I also planned on putting spring air rectacts into it, any suggestions on which ones to get. I'll also take any suggestions or recommandations on parts, scale pilot figures, building tips, flying tips, etc... Thanx

Kyle
Old 05-16-2003, 11:07 AM
VoughtF4U
My Feedback: (1)

Default What Era

What Era are you trying to arm you skyraider to? Meaning, the skyraider carried lots of surplus WWII bombs during the Korean war and the beginning of the Vietnam war. During the Vietnam war they started carrying the more streamlined modern shaped bombs. They also strated carrying various cannisters for all kinds of stuff, gun pods, and rocket and marking devices. I guess what I am trying to say is, with the skyraider, just about any type of weapons were hung off a skyraider sometime during its career.

As for the spring airs, they don't make a set of rotating retracts that I know of. However you could probably fit a set of non-scale spring airs in the wing. I have always had good luck with them. I think Sheldon Hobbies has a set of spring airs for $86 that would work.
Old 05-19-2003, 03:23 PM
gromitvt10
My Feedback: (19)

Default Skyraider

HI, i was looking for a mid-Vietnam era. Here is a pic of the type of bombs i'm looking for. Anyone know the name, type, dimensions of it and where i can can get some scale one's for my .60 56"wingspan Skyraider? thanx

Kyle
[email protected]