Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

P-40 Questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 08:20 PM
CamoCrazy
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P-40 Questions

After reading Grahams thread on his P-38 I am thinking of taking on a task equal to that. I recently picked up a customized Yellow Aircraft P-40 (Thanks Frank) and now I want to build a highly detailed and accurate P-40E and keep the one I just got a my "daily flier" per say. I think the bigger the plane the easier to do the detailing and the largest I found was the Jerry Bates plans at I think a 97" wing span. I would like to get the fuselage in fiberglass tho and not have to frame it and cover it and then finally glass it. So my questions are:

1. Does anyone know of a bigger than 1/5.5 fiberglass fuselage?
2. What do you think of the rotary aileron and flap servo's?

I want people to look at this plane when it is done and think someone shrunk down an real plane.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Jerry
Old 09-14-2008, 08:36 PM
jeff naul
My Feedback: (16)

Default RE: P-40 Questions

the only big 40 that i know of with a glass fuse will be a ziroli.
i use rotary drives on ailerons with no problems. the flap will be split so a control horn can be used on the inside and it be concealed.
http://www.servocity.com/html/servo_...uplers.htmlbuy the servo rod couplers from servo city, they are far better than the kimbrough stuff
Old 09-14-2008, 09:18 PM
US185Damiani

Jerry,
Vic Catalsan makes a Glass fuse and cowl for the bates P-40B his site is www.vicrc.com TBurley built one as well as Evan Quiros
www.evoshangar.com for pictures.

Nice airplane and deadly accurate!
Old 09-14-2008, 09:44 PM
CamoCrazy
My Feedback: (1)

Vics is the one I have been looking at but it is a B not an E. I know picky picky LOL

Jerry

Old 09-14-2008, 10:53 PM
jeff naul
My Feedback: (16)

i know that meister is talking about a big 40, 108" or 115" i don't remember which dino said, but it may be a while. i will definetly be all over that one, i like p-40's but i'm learning theses little ones (82") are a little tricky. i bet the bates is a fun little handfull! from what i understand the ziroli fly's o.k. but you have to fly it. i'm sure that is pilot preference.