Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Aeroworks 50cc QB Mustang??

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Aeroworks 50cc QB Mustang??

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 09:21 PM
Tisoy909
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Aeroworks 50cc QB Mustang??

Kahloq,
The fuselage is built up wood and sheeted so are the wings. similar to the H9 150 or was it the Jug that we were doing before, as I remember you from those threads, I did both, the only difference is this thing is HUGE and with accurate lines though this 51 a has far more I wanna say real or scale appearance than the H9 150 Mustang has. It has nice pneumatic powered gear doors built in, mains and tail. the canopy is very cool since it slides back and very scale. I noticed tighter tolerances on the control surfaces too, compared to the H9 stuff. Actually I wouldn't even compare it to the H9. Even though Aeroworks states an 86 inch span, but if you were to compare and notice the two inch span difference it has from Top Flite's 84" inch 51, this model clearly dwarfs the Top Flite model. Im pretty much an ex kit builder guy now, since im bit hard by convenient ARF's, but the covering scheme is so cool I dont think I would want to change it or even try glassing this plane. The Aeroworks guy i spoke with says DA 50CC but i asked what about 85 so that I can build a monster, I think he didnt want the discussion to go that route for some reason though lol. but you can fit an 85 in there i'm quite confident with just a little head peaking out. Aeroworks are big planes in my opinion, so i'd like a monster Aeroworks mustang no?
Louie
Old 08-26-2010, 12:11 AM
twoturnspin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This sure is a beautiful aircraft. I would love to do one in an electric version. I saw a picture & comment in a magazine that a guy called Scott Badhe has built one with e-power but i can't find any details of him or his Mustang. Can anyone point me in the right direction please.
Old 08-26-2010, 12:25 AM
vik
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: fytrjok

I looked at that Madeinchina website...where does it say the price? I'll bet if you ordered 1000 units you could get it under $600 wholesale. The 92'' Ultra RC Zero was $750...no retracts. What does EXW mean?
EXW menas exworks. You have to pay for shipping from China
Old 08-26-2010, 12:48 PM
curtusua-RCU
My Feedback: (91)

ORIGINAL: twoturnspin

This sure is a beautiful aircraft. I would love to do one in an electric version. I saw a picture & comment in a magazine that a guy called Scott Badhe has built one with e-power but i can't find any details of him or his Mustang. Can anyone point me in the right direction please.

Xtreme Power Systems had their AW P-51 Mustang flying at the Arizona Electric Flight Festival this January. It was powered with a Hacker A80, CC 140 ESC, 12S 5000 MAh packs. They clocked the model well over 100 MPH. The only complaint was the model was a little on the light side at only 23.5 lbs.

I'm thinking of building one myself. I have a Hacker A80 on my giant TF P-47... just need to balance it before its maiden.

You can see the video of the model flying with this setup on AeroWorks' website:

http://www.aero-works.net/store/detail.aspx?ID=379

Curt

Old 08-26-2010, 06:57 PM
twoturnspin

Thanks for that Curt, I was hoping to set one up with 10,000mah 10S 2P batteries so I could use my F3A packs doubled up. I agree that 12S would be better but don't want to have yet another size of packs to maintain (too many different types already). I'll write to XPS to see if I can get some more details and pics of the set up.