Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Solo Props NRG research out of business?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Solo Props NRG research out of business?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 02:48 PM
kochj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Solo Props NRG research out of business?

No web site up....
I purchased one for my GIANT P51 MUSTANG I wanted to get one for my biplane.....
Anyone know what happened???
Our hobby suffered a Real big loss, if he went out of business!!!!

Old 11-15-2008, 03:49 PM
alanc

Default RE: Solo Props NRG research out of business?

OH GOOD GRIEF
perhaps the sites just broken? give the guy a chance, it only needs a thread like this, and the OH, HEs OUT OF BUSINESS scenario goes right across the planet like a bush fire,

our website was down, while we figured out how to make it better, I HAD AN EMAIL FROM A GUY, ASKING TO BUY THE BUSINESS IF WE WHERE IN TROUBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the boss wasnt pleased, so, before you get the creditors breaking his door down, GET THE FACTS!!!

sorry for the rant, but been there, got the T shirt, seen the dvd
Old 11-15-2008, 05:10 PM
Whistling Death

ORIGINAL: alanc

OH GOOD GRIEF
perhaps the sites just broken? give the guy a chance, it only needs a thread like this, and the OH, HEs OUT OF BUSINESS scenario goes right across the planet like a bush fire,

our website was down, while we figured out how to make it better, I HAD AN EMAIL FROM A GUY, ASKING TO BUY THE BUSINESS IF WE WHERE IN TROUBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the boss wasnt pleased, so, before you get the creditors breaking his door down, GET THE FACTS!!!

sorry for the rant, but been there, got the T shirt, seen the dvd
He is just asking a question. No reason to go off on him like that.
Anyway , he isn't going out of buisness but he is selling it.
Read here, http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=8150643
Old 11-15-2008, 05:45 PM
kochj

This is the only place to ask and get questions about something like this!......
Magazines don't talk about it!.....
Our hobby dosn't have any new's broadcast show....
Where else are you going to ask these types of things???

This isn't some BS about a web site being down for a week or 2.....
THe website has been down for over 4 months!
If my website was down for that long, I would be getting calls wonding if I went bankrupt!.....

I understand about the "starting rummor thing though" I have seen if 1st hand....
Someone from aeroworks goes on a business trip to China, comes back 4-weeks later, only to find pages of posts about how awfull his customer service is
and that he is ignoring his customers!!!

I have tremendus respect for the man and would hate to loose him and his work.. Let alone the fact that I would have a useless prop hub (all it would take is 1-nose over and
there goes 300$ down the flipn toilet!! )

Our economy is in a HUGE slump.... Now that's a fact......
Suddenly a well know website/buisness just shuts down without any writen reason???
Can anyone else wonder why I and someone else would think that this is news? OR be concerned for our hobby???

It at the very least should be questioned,,,

Thank you WD for the Link and you understanding....

Justin
Old 11-15-2008, 06:28 PM
alanc

you obviously have no idea how company damaging rumours start, i did say sorry for the rant, and will say sorry again, but really, things like this dont help any company, as i said, our site was down, and it soon got around that YT was in trouble, of coarse, nothing could further from the truth, but when i got the email asking to buy the ailing business, well, i wasnt pleased, there is such a thing as a phone, i would close all avenues before i went public, its only fair, please look at this from both sides
Old 11-15-2008, 07:00 PM
cimara

there is such a thing as a phone,

No phone number the websight is down and to get the phone company to find it for you you need to know were the company is say US Canada the UK and the city but the websight is down so one cant even get that info. so i see no problem asking this question on this sight .If one had not asked it one would still think soloprops was out of buisness .but thanks to some members of this websight we now know its still doing some buissness at leased to the ones that know his phone number wich is ?
Old 11-15-2008, 07:03 PM
NCIS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I posted on the TF Giant Corsair Group Build thread what is going on with Carl right now. If you are worried check out my post there!!!

Gibbs
Old 11-15-2008, 10:35 PM
SCALECRAFT
My Feedback: (13)

Come on now, these guys are in modeling not sub-prime lending/banking.

Steve
Old 11-16-2008, 03:15 AM
kochj

you obviously have no idea how company damaging rumours start,
Alan... did you read my previous post????

I did try to post a example of what I thought was a example of "damaging rumours start" ???
I do understand what you are trying to say....

In your case, and in the future, perhaps you could post on your website that it is being updated and that you can be reached by phone, and that it would be back up very soon and that in no way shape or form effect your oders or phone orders ect ect......

In this day and age, All businesses need to be aware the a very BIg factor in business is; Communication, Communication, communication.....
Just think, that in the future, when you update your webpage, a quick note on the page and all those horrible emails questioning your business status could be avoided~

I hope this doesn't come out the wrong way Alan.. I am not trying to be a Jerk.... I really do understand your point....

I think that you have to have faith in the common folk that they will make there own judgement once they are properly informed....
In this case, a (question was asked) not a statement, and It was easilly and painlessly addressed...

I am now at ease (somewhat) someone needs to buy the business....
And will not spread any nasty rumors, but informed information about the current bussiness state that this company is in.....

Brielli shut the web site down, no a word,,, He just closed his doors,,,, For a good reason, but left no note or warning.....In this case people were right,,,, His business is OUt of business....

"When the system breaks down, we break down.... And I couldn't allow that" (Platoon Movie Quote)

Peace to all!
Old 11-16-2008, 05:49 AM
alanc

in this case, i conceed, if there is no phone number, then the only coarse of action is to enquire, but my annoyance was at seeing another thread questioning a supplier, whoes only problem may be a downed website, as for us, our site was down, our web guy was on vacation, and we had no access, this has now been changed, Solos products are unique, they need to be available,
Old 11-16-2008, 11:40 AM
warks62
My Feedback: (140)

Solo props are very cool and are a good design. I understand that maybe he needs to sell the bussiness for what ever reason. Now wouldn't you think that keeping your website operational and your business going would make it worth more money? Even if you just posted that you can not take any more orders right now like American Eagle did but has now started production again on a limited production. Now that is good bussiness. I hope that someone picks up the bussiness and starts production again it is a very good product.
Old 11-16-2008, 03:28 PM
NCIS

I explained it all once on the TF Giant Corsair Group build and am not posting it everywhere. I posted here that I did that but this nonsense continues. If you don't know what it's like to be in business then you shouldn't say anything. I personally own three. Carl is a Top notch guy so just read my post and let it be.

Gibbs
Old 11-16-2008, 08:51 PM
heinz

Hi guys, Just phoned NRG, and their answering machine said that due to a medical emergency, they will be closed until November 24/08 . So not to worry. I hope this will put every one at ease for now.
Old 11-16-2008, 09:26 PM
Whistling Death

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=8150643
Old 11-16-2008, 09:39 PM
kochj

Thanks all for your swift input....

It is a wonderfull thing to get the information one needs sooooo quickly!!!!

Peace...

Justin
Old 12-08-2008, 12:03 AM
pajaro
My Feedback: (51)

I hope that they dont take too long to get back to work, because im ready to place another order I need blades for my B-25, cant fly it with out them...
PS. $600 dlls on hubs with no blades...
Old 12-08-2008, 10:44 AM
heinz

With regret i have to say that they are out of business. I just finished talking with the owner and he indicated that due to restructuring , the solo aspect of the business is not part of the restructuring of the company. How ever there might be a glimmer of hope . I asked him about his inventory, especially blades and he indicated that there are none left. I also use his props so I can certainly relate to your plight. All is not lost yet. All I can say for now is hang on to your hubs while negotiations are going on.
Old 12-08-2008, 11:01 AM
77chickenhawk

this # is no good 250-549-7134

what # did you call to order blades?
Old 12-08-2008, 02:05 PM
heinz

For now I'm not releasing his number because we are negotiating with him. I hope you will understand.
Old 12-08-2008, 02:07 PM
77chickenhawk

do i have a choice? lol wanted to order blades while i still can
Old 12-08-2008, 03:00 PM
heinz

Hi chickenhawk, unfortunately ,no. for now I don't for see anything happening for a while. I know that I like those props and sure would like to see them back in production, so lets cross our fingers and see what happens.
Old 12-08-2008, 03:21 PM
77chickenhawk

i thought the guy was still taking orders for people that have his hubs?
Old 12-08-2008, 04:56 PM
pajaro

Let me say that I dont have only two hubs, I do have EIGHT of them, if they dont stay on busines I will be prety mad. %^&$#@
P-47- p-40- corsair-stuka-dauntles- b-25 -texan. No good.
Old 12-08-2008, 05:50 PM
F82FAN
My Feedback: (10)

Interesting that they took my CUSTOM order in October, said it was being worked (November 14) and would notify me as soon as it ships. Supposedly had it ready on November 26th and were shipping it out on the 1st of December, but it never showed and now I can't contact them.
Darn shame - I'll have to check to see if they charged my card. I was gonna stick up for them along with Alanc (when he was on you guys about trashing a vendors reputation last month) but waited to see where I got.
Lotta good it did me.
That's the way it goes in the hobby industry though. One had better be prepared to jump on what they want, NOW or face the reality that there may be NO tomorrow!
Sorry to see them go.
Same with every other cottage parts maker in this hobby of ours!
I'll just fly the new Bearcat with a two bladed prop and just make a Scale 4-blader for static.....
RATS!!!!!!!
Old 12-08-2008, 05:50 PM
pajaro

I would like to know how do they make the blades, what machine? I wonder if any of us can do it, man I just have too many of those hubs like to lose them just like that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.