Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

RADIO SETUP

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 08:50 AM
CHARGER0_6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RADIO SETUP

I AM TRYING TO SET FLAP CONTROL ON A P47. I HAVE A FUTABA 9C TRANSMITTER. I AM USING SWITCH C WHICH IS A 3 POSITION. THE MANUAL DOESNT GO INTO DETAIL AS TO HOW TO DO THIS AND I AM HAVING TROUBLE. ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE HELPFUL
Old 01-16-2009, 09:14 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 352 Likes on 282 Posts
Default RE: RADIO SETUP

Sure. First, don't type in all caps, its the internet equivilent of SHOUTING

Center the switch. Center your servo and adjust the linkages so that your flaps are where you want them in the middle switch position.
If you can avoid it, don't hook the linkage yet.
Flip the switch for full up and adjust the end point so the flaps are fully retracted.
Flip the switch full down and adjust the end point so the flaps are fully deployed.
Hook up the linkages.

Doing this with the linkages unhooked avoids over driving the flaps or the servo when you flip the switch. If thats not possible, adjust the end points down to a very low value, 10 or 15 each way and then flip the switch and increase the value till the flap is where you want it, that should avoid over driving anything.
Old 01-16-2009, 12:13 PM
Free Bird

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why not use one of the sliders on the side of the Tx? That's what did for my GP Lancair and I really liked the ability to position the flaps where I wanted them instead of half or full down.

FB
Old 01-16-2009, 05:44 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 352 Likes on 282 Posts

True, thats what I do, but some people prefer the consistency of using a switch.