Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Royal B-25 engine thrust?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Royal B-25 engine thrust?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 09:55 AM
whatwind
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Royal B-25 engine thrust?

Ok I posted on twins and no one responded. Last year I picked up a royal b 25 for $20 a a estate sale. I just started on it I knew it was going to be rough because the plans had paint,glue and were all cut up. the fuse had been started but I had to cut apart because it wasen't straght and I'm putting retract in it. The instruction book is not very helpfull. I only haave the plans for the starbard wing. there are hard wood engine mounts one set has right thrust built into it. right the two things I need to know are witch side gets the right thrust and how long the nose and main gear need to be.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:39 AM
jjscott

Default RE: Royal B-25 engine thrust?

I've never built one, but I do have a set of knock-off Royal plans with the Royal logo on them. The plans show only the right wing. Or, you are led to believe it is the right wing because the motor mount is shown with a lot of right offset. The wing is not marked with either right or left. The text instructions on the plan say to build the wing upside down, which would mean it could be the left wing shown on the plan.

Anyway, the plan also does show lighter lines for the left motor mounts and gives the notation the left engine has 1 degree left (outside) offset. I tried to measure the offsets from the plan using the firewall as the base line. Measured I got 3.5 to 4.0 degrees right thrust for right engine, and 2.5 to 3.0 degrees left thrust for the left engine. The line on the plan for the left engine clearly has more offset than the 1 degree indicated.

Jim
Old 04-09-2009, 09:04 PM
whatwind
My Feedback: (1)

thanks for the input
Old 04-09-2009, 09:31 PM
jjscott

Another thought. Try an email to Sean, the creator of this Royal B-25 web page. There's a link to email him; maybe he can give you the details on how his is set up.

http://www.thewebferret.com/rcindex.html

Jim