Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

P51 Gear Doors and U.P. Valves

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

P51 Gear Doors and U.P. Valves

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 12:22 AM
loukos
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default P51 Gear Doors and U.P. Valves

Im finishing my royal/marutaka p51 senior. I have incorporated more-close-to-scale retract wells and scale doors. However i think i shot myself in the foot. I am using Robart 510's(air up spring down), complete with robostruts (7/16) and the master plan was to use the Ultra Precision U.P.2 valve for the inner gear doors. However reading the specs (yes, should have done this before getting the retracts) these valves only work for air up and down retracts, not spring down.

Has anyone 'played' around with such a combination? Can i block the air down nipples of the valve and still operate it correctly or do i need to get the credit card out again and get a new set of retracts?

Any advice is more than welcome.

Regards

Loukis
Old 05-26-2009, 07:21 AM
Peter_OZ
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: P51 Gear Doors and U.P. Valves

my advice is to set up a dummy rig and try blocking those lines and see what happens before fitting the retracts etc to the model.
Old 05-26-2009, 07:32 AM
loukos
My Feedback: (2)

Hi Peter,

The problem is I really dont want to fork out $ on the U.P2 valve and find out it doesnt work, I actually did some surfing on the net since i posted this and found some electronic vaves used on jets, however im a bit weary of the weight they will add to the airframe.

The Royal P51 has half the Amazon forest in it, honestly at times i felt i was just carving it out of block balsa.

Old 05-26-2009, 07:38 AM
Peter_OZ
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

did you send UP an email and ask them the question? Personally I don't think the valve will work correctly if you block off lines. However you may be able to foot it if you added in a cylinder in the fuz that did nothing,. . .