Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

TF Sea Fury

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2003, 02:08 AM
daw
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TF Sea Fury

I love my Sea Fury! What a great flying plane. I admit I was a little concerned about a 11 1/2 lb plane being pulled by a 91 four-stroke.
TAKE OFF; slowly advancing the throttle brings the tail up in 10-15 feet. I find the desire to pull back. The plane goes to full throttle and starts to lift itself into a shallow climb after another 50 feet of running on the mains, WHAT A SIGHT.
GEAR UP; here is where the fun begins. The plane got lots of attention on the ground but after a few strafing runs, low and fast everybody was watching. It is a thing of beauty and sounds great too. No bad habits, cruise at 2/3 throttle. This plane builds confidence because it does what you tell it, talk about flying on rails!
LANDING; half flaps and reducing the throttle to half lets you fell the stability. Turn to final and full flaps and it begins to settle in. It's not easy to find the correct speed to make a good decent but when the mains touch and you begin to rollout. Talk about an adrenalin rush. I did loose the gear doors on a nose over. I should have listened to rusgmil, my warbird guru. That won't happen again. I really can't wait to fly this bird again. It's almost as bad as when I first starting flying, the rush all over again. My wife is getting jealous.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	88569_10642.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	51359  
Old 06-23-2003, 02:40 AM
Richard L.
My Feedback: (24)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default TF Sea Fury

Looking good! My buddy is trying to finish his, which will be wearing Dutch markings. What retracts are you using and how are they holding up?
Old 06-23-2003, 12:49 PM
daw
My Feedback: (6)

Default another great warbird

I've got Robarts and they work fine. After 3-4 flights you need to bend them back forward a little but they operate flawlessly. Tell your friend to build the tail as light as possible, mine took 22 oz of lead on the engine mount to balance the CG. From reading other post that is not uncommon, in fact that is on the lighter side. Trying to move the landing gear a little forward would be a good idea too since it has a tendency to want to nose over. Post a picture of the plane when it's done, I'd like to see it.
Old 07-29-2003, 11:08 PM
MLaCoste
My Feedback: (15)

Default Love the TF Sea Fury

I have to say that I love the TF Sea Fury too. This has to be the most scale model I've ever flown.

Here's what she's loaded with:
YS .91 FZ
Century scale retracts
scale cockpit
flaps, etc.

Anyway, here she is....

Old 07-30-2003, 09:18 AM
El Kapitan

Default TF Sea Fury

looks good - can't wait to start building mine. i've just recieved my oleos from Unitracts to fit on my Robart retracts- they look good - similar to the Century Jet ones.

keep thepictures coming
Old 08-14-2003, 12:22 PM
miamifly
My Feedback: (2)

Default TF Sea Fury

finally, some one who has flown and liked this plane. I also built it and agree, it is a rush to fly but unfortionaltly mine is in the hanger in the process of major repairs to the wing due to a stall on landing. You can see pics of my plane on a thread I started months ago if you do a search here.