Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Any Texan II plans or kits out there?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Any Texan II plans or kits out there?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 11:33 AM
jsevey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Texan II plans or kits out there?

I was recently at an Air Force base (my son a USAF student pilot) and I was given an up close and personal look at the Texan II. Watched them fly extensively too. This is an amazing looking, incredible flying, beauty of a machine. I have seen some pseudo gas and electric versions out there that are far from scale and in some cases cheaply made, but no plans or kits yet.

Is there anybody out there in the process of producing a set of plans for Texan II? I would love to get my hands on a set of plans for an 80-100" Texan. There are rumblings of an armed "B" model in the works.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn37266.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	1238219  
Old 07-17-2009, 12:29 PM
F4u5
My Feedback: (81)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Any Texan II plans or kits out there?

My bad....I have the PAtton T-34C at 100 inches.

Jeff
Old 07-17-2009, 07:31 PM
bigstew60
My Feedback: (35)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was looking for the same. I am in training to be a naval flight officer and flew the T-6a during primary flight training. It is a sweet flying aircraft and as close to a jet as you could possibly get. The T-6b is the navy version that will soon be replacing the t-34c turbo mentors the pilots are training in. They made a fey mod from the airforce version like adding a variable pitch prop for beta (reverse thrust) and pylon to carry small bombs. The t-6a has variable pitch but it is controlled by a computer so the flying the plane is more like a jet. I hope someone does make a scale model of this aircraft. the closest thing I have seen is the PC-21 by kmp. It is actually an upgraded version of the t-6 airframe with a larger engine. Vmar has an 80 in texan II but it is not that scale. I had this one and it flew well but just didnt quite have the scale outline.

Name:	Hf10151.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	1238394  
Old 07-17-2009, 08:20 PM
Chasing Fear
My Feedback: (1)

BUMP!!!!!

I'd also be interested in plans/kits for a more scale Texan II.

Left active duty in November ... now in the Reserves. I've been flying the Texan about a year and a half and my "civilian" job is simulator instructing in the T-6. Flew the mighty Tweet for 2.5 years prior to that. Now that was a real jet! At least more of a jet (by definition) than the Texan, but the Texan's performance is much, much better. Have to say that I still have a soft spot for that old plane though, especially after taking two of them to the Boneyard.

bigstew, to be technical, the PC-21 isn't an upgraded version of the T-6. Both the PC-21 and T-6 were based off of PC-7/PC-9s, but can are in fact new aircraft. Here is some Beech propaganda ... er, information on the T-6:

http://www.hawkerbeechcraft.com/mili...a/not_pc_9.pdf
Old 07-21-2009, 09:25 AM
jsevey

Hey Bigstew-

You look good in all your gear! That's the first Navy T6 I've seen. My youngest son is at Vance AFB in Oklahoma. He has some Navy and USMC guys in his class. I get several calls a week from him telling me about his latest adventures in flight school. I am envious of you guys! My oldest son is an Ensign on a destroyer based out of Norfolk- so we have Navy in the family too. Good luck with your career.

For anyone who is interested- I have 3 views as well as factory plans of the fuse, wings and tail group. I am not a CAD guy. Tried- but I don't have the time to devote to learning CAD to the extent needed to develop a set of plans. Excuse my ignorance- I will be as descriptive as I can for a non-engineer, but my plans are actually a series of T6 cut-aways showing ribs, fuse formers, and all major outlines, parts and pieces including measurements on every structural piece. I can email what I have to someone willing to tackle this. I emailed a set over a year ago to someone on RCU but never heard back. It's a big project- but I got this stuff from the manufacturer so I figure it's pretty good.

Jim
Old 07-21-2009, 10:21 PM
bigstew60

Jsevey, I would love to have the plans and 3 views you have. I actually bought a cad program in hopes of scratchbuilding a plane. I am still learning to use the program but when I am done with flight school, I would love to take a stab at trying to build one of these. This is my email: [email protected] thanks and if Icome up with something or find someone that can I will let you know.
Old 07-22-2009, 07:04 PM
aeroscale

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sure would like to take advantage of your kind offer for drawing set.
AEROSCALE
Old 07-22-2009, 08:03 PM
CubCrafter

Jim,

Here are some photos of the T6A that Mikee Barbee built from Bob Patton's moulds.
This is powered by a turbine and is a little larger than a 100" wingspan.
Bob Patton's contact number is 217-469-0288.

Mike had this plane at the Toledo 2009 show.

Below is my e-mail address so you could send me the files.
I am working on 3-views and plans.

Larry Folk - Architect
AeronauticA
Tru-Scale R/C Aircraft Plans/Kits
Cad Design and Laser Cutting
Aviation Awards
13055 Silverbrook Drive
Pickerington, Ohio 43147
614-604-9859
[email protected]

Name:	Yv65943.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	111.2 KB
ID:	1241902   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr55728.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	120.6 KB
ID:	1241903   Click image for larger version

Name:	Af90032.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	124.0 KB
ID:	1241904   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jd88524.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	117.5 KB
ID:	1241905   Click image for larger version

Name:	Iu11457.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	122.2 KB
ID:	1241906  
Old 07-23-2009, 11:12 AM
naval flight officer

Big Stew have you selected yet? Let me know if you decide on maritime patrol. I am an instructor at vp-30 and looking for someone to fly with.
Old 07-23-2009, 07:02 PM
bigstew60

I am already at vt-86. I will find out next week if I am going prowlers or f-18s.
Old 07-24-2009, 01:51 PM
naval flight officer

um, growlers now isn't it?
Old 08-12-2009, 02:23 AM
move_sim

Jim

Please include me in sending those drawing. Iwant to build an X3d model for a class that Iam taking at NPS right now.

[email protected]
Old 08-12-2009, 06:52 AM
Evil_Merlin
My Feedback: (13)

Growlers are F-18's anyways right? And the Prowlers are still around until the Growlers are fully available...
Old 08-12-2009, 08:01 AM
bigstew60

Prowlers will be around until 2014. I selected f-18s. I wont find out if I get growlers or superhornets until the last few weeks prior to winging. The growler is just a superhornet with the electronic wafare gear on it and it doesnt have a gun. It can carry air to air and air to ground weapons so it can do everythin but straffing runs.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:22 PM
move_sim

Ok , I found a free X-Plane 9 T-6A at X-plane.org http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?...&showfile=8521

which I imported into Blender. At this stage I have the Blender Model. I don't want to forward it without attribution to the creator.

It is not a cad model, but I think that a clever person could easily build a cad model from it.

I exported it as a .dxf file from Blender. Can send if anyone wants it.

The author's screenname is USAFR http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?showuser=3546

Tariq
Old 09-03-2009, 04:13 AM
gdkits.com

Hello guys,

I found your thread looking a 3views of Texan II and any information. If jsecey or anybody else got them I would be highly interested.

In fact it is not for a RC plane but for model kit plane to build (scale models). We are working on a Swiss PC-9 and the Texan II is based on this aicraft. The shape will be similar but being in search of the most accurate information for building the Texan II, if we can get those informations, the model will be better.

if they are differences between the navy and no-navy version, we would be interested in knowing them as we may propose both versions.

The kit will be available in 1/72 and 1/48 scale (resin kit+ photoetched)

Thanks for all.

Gabriel, GDkits.com
Old 09-03-2009, 08:22 PM
bigstew60

The Navy just got its first two T-6b's last week. The airframes are the same. the differences come in the avionics package and some other system changes to suit the navy's needs.
Old 09-04-2009, 01:10 AM
gdkits.com

Thank you for the informations bigstew.

I guess the cockpit doesn't change.

Best regards.

Gabriel, GDKits.com
Old 09-04-2009, 05:50 PM
naval flight officer

Is the B coming with beta. I know that was the limiting factor when it came to doing touch and goes at the out lying fields when I was going though primary.
Old 07-02-2013, 05:44 AM
ken.robinson

I'm currently looking for 3-views and/or plans for the T-6 Texan II or the Canadian version CT-156 Harvard II. I see from this post that you have some information. Is it still available?

If I get the info. I need, I may try to create RC plans using DevFus, DevCad and the new DevWing program.
Old 07-02-2013, 06:09 AM
jsevey

Ken- I sent the files your way by email. Sorry for those I have not answered. This topic was dead for so long I stopped receiving notices. I hope somebody out there can make a set of plans that are both accurate and "buildable" by the typical modeler. My son went from T6's to helicopters and eventually to Special Ops in the CV-22 Osprey. He loves it. I don't think I will attempt a CV-22. I'll leave that up to the pros.

Good luck.

jim
Old 07-02-2013, 08:58 AM
splais
My Feedback: (25)

Have you guys thought about the esm t-6 Texan II. It's a gorgeous looking and flying plane. I have a dle30 in mine and will eventually put a new dle35ra in her. With the 30 she flies great with a scale 3-blade prop.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:28 PM
jsevey

The ESM does look very nice. Back when this thread started there were none out there. For me personally- I like to build and I wanted to build a T6 with the paint scheme of the plane my son soloed in. I guess I could re-finish an ESM or one of the other ARF's out there. The ESM is the right size and looks great. Good idea- might have to do it.
Old 07-02-2013, 03:26 PM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

ORIGINAL: bigstew60

The Navy just got its first two T-6b's last week. The airframes are the same. the differences come in the avionics package and some other system changes to suit the navy's needs.

They have been flying T-6's here at NAS Corpus Christi, for about 6 months or so. Starting to see more of them every day.
The Customs and Border p[atrol fly a Predator drone out of here too.
Old 11-13-2015, 01:31 AM
w1nd6urfa
My Feedback: (4)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Bump!

Jim and Tariq I have sent both of you PM's with my email address, if your kind offers are still on

Thanks
Nick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.