Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

CompArf P-51?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 05:44 PM
DEVILDOG
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CompArf P-51?

What is the solution to the fact that the wing does not have wood in the flap section of the wing to glue in hinges. I'd hate to have to open this composite detailed wing up because of a stupid mistake from the manufacturer.

Any tricks from the past would be aprreciated.

Thanks
scott
Old 08-30-2009, 08:14 PM
Scotty7982

Default RE: CompArf P-51?

I have the same kit beign delivered this tuesday, I read on one of the other threads that the wood is in there just not where they thought it should be. If you do a search on Comp arf p-51 or fiberclassic you'll find it here or on RCscalebuilder.com
Old 09-01-2009, 09:54 PM
Scotty7982

Scott, my kit arrived today and its the new version with all hinges pre-installed. Let me know if you hav'nt got this figured out yet and I'll take some measurments for you.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:49 PM
Hello82

Hi

I had the same issue....find the location you want your servo hatches first and then cut them so you have access to the inner wing. Then find the scale locations for the Robart hinges and drill them into the wing using only a 1/8 bit. Then make some hard balsa blocks that fit the approximate size and then drill a 1/8 in the center where the hinge would be. After doing some basic sanding using an extension tool of some sort to get to the hinge areas and also cleaning them with alcohol, fish some string through the wing holes and also then through the wood block....then using hysol or other non runny epoxy, liberally coat the block with it so there is good amount that will bead out and create a fillet....then carefully pull the string to pull the block onto position (sliding it on it's side with out glue) , pulling it up against the inner trailing edge and tape the string tight until epoxy has cured...then cut string and redrill with 3/16 for the Robart hinges....

...the block you see in the servo hole was already there....

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj23129.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	1271920   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk31885.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	1271921