Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

WINGS OF FREEDOM TOUR

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

WINGS OF FREEDOM TOUR

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 02:03 PM
Metalmorphous
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WINGS OF FREEDOM TOUR

Ret. Lt. Col. Walter Hushak just visited Metal-Morphous Inc. to check out a few of our Morphed WWII planes to see if they would contribute to the displays of full-scale aircraft that the Collings Foundation will be flying in for not only display but to give rides. A friend of mine was a pilot for the Collings Foundations and I had the opportunity to fly from RI. to CT. with his father and brother. That was over 10 years ago and we still talk about it. You will have a whole new outlook on what these men had to endure.
I talked with Walter for almost an hour and I was amazed on the information this man has in his head of not only the plane he piloted in the war, the B-24, but of other aircraft like the B-17 and 29. He said that at this time there will be at least ten WWII vets there that also flew missions. If you need information on a B-24, B-17 or a Mustang, this is the place to be. Rain or shine the dates are Sept. 11-13

Hope to see a few of you there; I wouldn’t miss it for anything.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo39188.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	1266409  
Old 09-02-2009, 08:22 AM
rich10

Default RE: WINGS OF FREEDOM TOUR

Ron count me in!!! I have read about the tour for many years but always seem to miss it for one resson or another, but not this year I hope to see you there and I will be looking your P-47 and Lightning..... Are you taking the Yellow lightning or the Z ?
Old 09-02-2009, 08:27 AM
Evil_Merlin
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please note, the Wings of Freedom tour will also be in Beverly, MA on September 19th-21st.

And on the 19th night, Beverly Composite Squadron, Civil Air Patrol will be throwing our 2nd Annual WW2 Hangar Dance.

Last year's dance was held in the shadows and in full view of the B-17, P-51 and B-25 and made for one heck of a fantastic night.

Again this year we are having the Compaq Big Band on site providing period music. Last year there were dozens and dozens of folks in WW2 uniforms, US, British, German and Russian. It was a grand old time and this year we are planning on having it even bigger!

If you are in the New England area, its most assuredly worth checking out!

Old 09-03-2009, 07:56 AM
Metalmorphous

Rich glad to here that your going to take some time off to see these warbirds. I don’t know how many more years they will keep them flying and every years that passes I feel it could be the last I got the call yesterday from Walter that the Morphed planes have been approved and will be on display with the B-17, B-24, and a 2 seater P-51. Rich my Ziroli P-38 is not ready for display yet so I will be taking the Yellow P-38 off it stand and get it ready. I'm going to give both birds a fresh polish[8D] so they look real nice in the sun next to there full scale brothers So pass the word and hope to see you all there.

Ron
Old 09-10-2009, 04:16 PM
Metalmorphous

The lightning and thunderbolt are polished, cleaned and ready for display!!! hope to see some of you there this weekend

Ron